Wedding diet and motivation

Options
Hi all...
I get married on 22/03/2018, I am currently 15stone 2lb and on a mission to loose as much weight as I possibly can before the date.

What do people think you could realistically loose? Based on around 1200 calories, clean eating and excercise.

Motivation needed hehe!!!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    30-50 lbs depending on how committed and consistent you are. Be sure to come up with a plan for how you will continue or maintain after the wedding.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    No idea, but you do have a decent amount of time to work with.
    Don't go in with expectations, just do your best.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    You're getting married and want to look great in your dress. How much more motivation do you need?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    While you're obese, you can generally lose about 2 lbs / wk, dropping to 1 and a half when you're overweight, and less when you hit normal weight.

Clean eating isn't necessary to lose weight, only staying within your calories is. Eat whatever helps you stay on track. Some exercise will definitely make it easier to stay in a deficit, but don't try to increase your deficit by eating only 1200 gross calories plus exercise. MFP is set up so that you eat back the calories you burn through exercise.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    1200 calorie is not a lot if you're also planning to exercise. Being too drastic and under eating will just make your weight loss unsustainable.
    I'm 5'8" and started at 205lbs. With light exercise I've been eating 1400-1700 a day and losing consistently. I've lost 22 in 3 months.
    "Clean" eating doesn't matter so much. You can still eat too many calories of "clean" food

• mktom29
    mktom29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am also getting married next year! Feel free to add me!