Vacation

Options
I am on holiday in Israel and I feel constantly hungry. I feel like I have put on a huge amount of weight and can't find anywhere to weigh myself. Can anyone help or advise?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Make better food choices and try and move more? Perhaps try drinking more water?

I don't know what typical cuisine is there, but I often find most of the "weight" I put on on holidays is from water retention... Higher salt, more carbs etc.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up too much. Its hard to stay on track going out for the evening, never mind when away on holiday. Try to eat sensibly and remember, you may be more active on holiday than you normally are, so need more food. The advice above is good, restaurant food often has a higher amount of salt in it than you're home made food. Obsessing about what your weight is will just spoil your holiday, try to relax. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Maybe you are more hungry because you are moving more and need more food? Maybe you just think you are gaining weight? Maybe you think you are eating more because you are eating differently? How is your eating pattern - meal schedule and food choices, right now, compared to how you eat at home?

I don't think looking for a scale is the answer, all scales are calibrated differently and if you usually weigh yourself naked before breakfast it can be difficult to account for all those factors. A holiday will end, and what you do when you get home is way more important anyway, and you need to stay calm in order to continue the good work, so don't freak out.