Instant oatmeal

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I've never had any kind of instant oatmeal that tastes good. I use Coach's oats which have a taste and texture that is closer to steel cut as I don't really like mushy rolled oats...takes me 4 minutes in the microwave.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Maybe make your own instant packets. Use regular oats, put in blender for just a minute, not too fine. Measure into snack size baggies, add dried apples, cranberries, nuts, and as much sugar as you think is healthy and tasty.

This ^

Dried milk is also a good add-in. More protein.
  • megpie41
    megpie41 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Buy the big tub of rolled oats. 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water, 3 minutes in the microwave. Then add whatever you want (banana, Walnuts, rasins, berries etc). Simple and you control the amount of sugar. I also add a splash of milk after its cooked so it's not so gummy/thick.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    megpie41 wrote: »
    Buy the big tub of rolled oats. 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water, 3 minutes in the microwave. Then add whatever you want (banana, Walnuts, rasins, berries etc). Simple and you control the amount of sugar. I also add a splash of milk after its cooked so it's not so gummy/thick.

Microwaves differ so figure out the time that works with yours. I do 2 minutes, a friend does 90 seconds. Other wise, yep. 40g oats, 1 cup water, zap, and add whatever. I usually do a spoonful of Splenda and about 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon.