Hello! Seeking motivated lifting buddies

Hi all! I've been lurking her for months, so why not say 'hi'? I'm 5'4" and I've lost about 25 pounds this year... I am getting close to my original goal wt through slow, sustainable changes.

I had been contemplating making changes after spending a lot of time visiting a family member in the hospital. I'd love to say that avoiding unnecessary illness was my wake-up call, but it was a picture of me on Christmas that made me decide to make serious changes. I was wearing a season-inappropriate orange sweater (because it was one of the few things that still fit) - I think I cried when I saw it -- how had I gotten so big?!! The 'great pumpkin' picture, as it's come to be known, was a real eye opener.

Anyway... I'm looking to recomp further. I am loving the gym and seeking motivation from weight lifting women. I've done some of NRLFW and Stronglifts 5x5. Not sure where to go next.

PS. I'm a little clueless as to how the 'friends' thing works here. Can anyone help explain?

Replies

• sassysisterjd
    sassysisterjd Posts: 41 Member
    I too am typically a lurker on the forums... There are a couple really great threads in the success forum for weightlifting gals that are super inspiring. I've just started out with stronglifts 5x5. I don't have any tips, but definitely cheering you on, lifting weights is so empowering!!!! (Even though my legs are so sore from yesterday's squats I cringe every time I get up today!)
    Adding you as a friend so we can help each other stay motivated.