cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    Jacuzzi with espom salts.

You don't strike me as the scented water kind of person but you can make really nice scent crystals with epsom salts and essential oils. Just drop some oils into the salts and shake, add more oil, and shake again. Helps if you are tired of the chlorine smell.

Lol, well I might surprise you as I have quite the collection of essential oils! But you can't use oils in a Jacuzzi and that is the only tub we have or I would give that a try. My favorite combo is eucalyptus and lavender. Even us macho weight lifter guys can get down with a little aromatherapy (well some of us anyway). :p

I am pretty scent sensitive and most aromas send me screaming, but that combination sounds delightful.

I make my own oil was for my face and scent it with lavender and have lavender oil on hand and I was thinking of whipping up some salt scrub for the winter to use in the shower for after runs (I'm not a bath person, but I love me a good hot shower), and adding eucalyptus to that sounds delightful.
    I personally love lavender, patchouli and ylang-ylang blend. :) I use this blend in my night cream.

A lavender salt scrub sounds really nice!

What's in your oil wash/how do you make it? @GottaBurnEmAll?

I am curious to see your recipe too. Mine is:
    Sunflower Oil - 76%
    Argan oil - 12%
    Castor Oil - 12%

I am older so I use less castor oil, which is cleansing but can be drying, and added Argan oil which is very friendly to aging skin.

I loosely follow (in order of amount)
    50% Aloe Vera gel
    35% Cocoa butter (softened)
    10% Vaseline (my skin does very well with it)
    2.5% Avocado oil
    2.5% Wheat germ oil

These are the ingredients that are available to me. It doesn't separate due to the cocoa butter and Vaseline, and I use a tiny amount.

Whip it up (I add the aloe and oils slowly after whipping the cocoa butter with Vaseline) with a few drops of lavender, ylang ylang and patchouli.