Calorie intake

Options
Hi I have been on MFP for 8 days now, so new to the game. I have been dieting for just over three months now and have lost nearly three stone. I am a big lad and i am hopping to join all the success stories of you guys very well done to everyone. I have set up all my measurement, height and weight, my activity level is high as I work on the building site as a carpenter, how ever my question is my calorie intake is ment to be 3250 however I can't get anywhere near that amount probably half how can I improve any advice would be helpful. Thank you for your time.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have to log your food, properly and consistently, using a food scale and correct database entries. If you're overweight, you've eaten way more than 1625 calories on a regular basis.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been on MFP for 8 days now, so new to the game. I have been dieting for just over three months now and have lost nearly three stone. I am a big lad and i am hopping to join all the success stories of you guys very well done to everyone. I have set up all my measurement, height and weight, my activity level is high as I work on the building site as a carpenter, how ever my question is my calorie intake is ment to be 3250 however I can't get anywhere near that amount probably half how can I improve any advice would be helpful. Thank you for your time.

1600 is not a lot of food, so best guess is you are eating more than you think. Get a food scale, and for at least a week or two log super accurately so you have a good idea of how much you are really eating.

Based on your post, it sounds like you have been losing almost 3 lbs per week, are you intending to lose that quickly? If you have a lot of weight to lose, that may be fine. The general advice I see is to lose no more than 1% of your body weight per week, otherwise you risk losing more muscle. Congrats for your success so far!