Worst Food Diary Category?

Options
What's everyone's category that they do the worst at in the food diary? For me it's the sodium. Everything seems to have salt in it, and I hate that it does. I very rarely add salt to my foods (can't even remember the last time I did it), but the fact that it's used as a preservative means it's in almost everything in high amounts.

Replies

• mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Without potato i suck at potassium. Im so sick of both sweet and normal potato now
  • Davidaw86
    Davidaw86 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Salt is a wonderful thing. Trans fats are an evil wicked mean and nasty thing. Pick your fights well.

Luckily, I seem to keep away from trans fats pretty well. I've only had 14g of them since 8/22.
  • lauraslinn947
    lauraslinn947 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sugar! I'm always wayyyyyy over :D:D
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you want to increase potassium, black coffee is a good way to get a dozen-fer. There's the elevendyhundred health and longevity benefits of coffee, plus it's a good source of potassium.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any transfats so quit keeping track. Saturated fat on the other hand ...
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    mywayroche wrote: »
    Without potato i suck at potassium. Im so sick of both sweet and normal potato now

Try avocado
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay attention to macros, just calories. I think I have looked at those pages 3-4 times with any intent since I began a little over a year ago. Consequentially, I am a little less than 5 pounds from my goal weight.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    I don't pay much attention to macros, but I have noticed that my protein is a lot lower than I would like.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Like most people, I'm not effected by dietary sodium, so I switched that and sugar for fiber and iron and consider those targets to hit or exceed, not something to stay under. Fiber because it helps keep me full and iron b/c I'm anemic.
  • coffeeneyeliner
    coffeeneyeliner Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Definitely sodium!
  • ree2lose
    ree2lose Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sodium!
  • counting_kilojoules
    Options
    I don't get enough fibre. I often go over in sugar and sometimes salt but that doesn't bother me.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options
    I'm always way over on sugar (which is fine) and way under on fat (which isn't fine and I'm working on).
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sodium for sure. Also fat (mostly the bad kinds I think lol) and protein! I seem to eat wayyy too much protein!
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Carbs are always high. fiber and protein are too low
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Volendral wrote: »
    What's everyone's category that they do the worst at in the food diary? For me it's the sodium. Everything seems to have salt in it, and I hate that it does. I very rarely add salt to my foods (can't even remember the last time I did it), but the fact that it's used as a preservative means it's in almost everything in high amounts.

For me it's alwaaays sugar lol. I eat alot if fruit. Usually by the time ive logged in my breakfast smoothie,I'm over my sugar. But I don't worry about it at this stage,because I used to eat alot of cakes ,cookies,and sweets and it's quite the improvement. As I get closer to goal,and I'm not anywhere near,sadly lol,then I will continue to tweak my diet :)
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't pay much attention to macros, but I have noticed that my protein is a lot lower than I would like.

Aww same here!!
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sodium and sugar are my worst offenders. I probably do need to eat some more protein, too.