Calling all people in there 40's.

Options

Replies

• gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 with three kids, also work full time. Been in maintenance for awhile but looking to lose some more now and work on some fitness goals. Feel free to add me:)
  • Heather68462
    Heather68462 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Add me! Im 45. Children 22 and 25 and a 5 year old granddaughter. I work a LOT and help care for the granddaughter. My husband is neglected by my time constraints. I have gained 40 pounds in the past year.
  • blondeandfeistyAF13
    blondeandfeistyAF13 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    I am in my 40's (41 to be exact). I am a mother to an 11year old son, and I have been married for 13 years. I have lost nearly 60lbs this year, as I too want my 40's to be fabulous. I am starting to make myself a priority, and it really feels great :) Feel free to add me - I love new friends to help motivate me!
  • LaLuSmith
    LaLuSmith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am 47 and a mother of 10, yes 10, and one 'adopted' nephew, so 11. As you might guess, the weight came with every baby and it took until my youngest (now 3), was over 2 before I decided I couldn't stand it anymore. I started in August of last year at 255. I am currently at 185 and have 30 more pounds to reach my goal. I am terrified of menopause and what it will do to my body, so I am desperately trying to get to my goal by my birthday in April and hope to have a real handle on my eating as I enter the maintenance stage and endure pre-menopause. I think it would be great to have friends in similar stages in life and with similar goals - be healthy to enjoy kids and future grandkids, be healthy to serve anywhere the Lord calls my hubby and me when he retires, "run" a 5K somewhere down the road, live a long, healthy life. I do NOT have the goal to wear a bikini, but would like to feel comfortable in a tankini at the pool with my kids!!! Any support and ideas (I've kind of hit a slump!). would be great!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    i will add you. i am 41 years old. 2 children but only a 17 year old at home.. he tries to enourage junk food lol. i am a caregiver for the elderly. i work about 50 hours a week. i lost 101 pounds but sadly gained 30 pounds back and struggling to get my head in the game.
  • 20mightymouse16
    20mightymouse16 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Im 43, and still trying to hang on to a fit body and mind :-) Im an engineer and live in NC
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I tried to add you. It wont let me.
  • 20mightymouse16
    20mightymouse16 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I just added you :-)
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    I'll be 47 in a couple weeks. Divorced for the second time and back in Ohio. Currently trying to get back the body I lost during my first marriage lol.
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    45 next month. Don't forget to setup the party.
  • zebra1113
    zebra1113 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    41, have had weight loss and wanting to lose more, could really use a support group for dieting ideas and recipes and of course on the days where my scale goes to sleep
  • baybiker
    baybiker Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    45- add me. Need the support. Thanks!
  • RLWatson70
    RLWatson70 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    47 in one week :)
  • Nadia7696
    Nadia7696 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am turning 41 in a few months. Add me to your friend list
  • mfp142
    mfp142 Posts: 10 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JuliaC76 wrote: »
    i turned 40 last Nov, (coming up on 41, ack!!) and it's been rough! I weigh more than I ever have in my life, I'm suddenly struggling with all sorts of health problems, depression, anxiety and the list goes on... I don't want to put a lot of pressure on myself, but I don't want to gain anymore! I know some of the health issues would subside if I'd lose weight. Lately I have virtually NO impulse control and I'm struggling in every area of life.

Turning 40 is a crazy time for hormones! Try to get outside every day and get at least 20 minutes of fresh air and sunshine. Really helps with the anxiety and depression. Sometimes we need to "see" hope in action, so may I suggest that you plant some flower or vegetable seeds? The anticipation of using your own fresh cut flowers or eating something garden-fresh is a huge inspiration! Best wishes!

• nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Currently 41. Two kids 13 and 11. Work full time and married. Just moved to Texas a year ago from Illinois so I had kinda slipped off the MFP radar a bit until recently. But things are beginning to normalize and I am back!!
  • leetkd1977
    leetkd1977 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in 2 days, never thought i would be here. Add me
  • jennylea70
    jennylea70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 42 and really trying to do this! I work full time, single mom with 2 a 12 and 8 year old and I know it's hard!! Please add me! Down 31 pounds since January, 50 more to go! Good luck!
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I will be 43 here in a few months. I dropped 90+ lbs, have maintained it (give or take 10-12 lbs that come on and off around the holidays. I am in the best shape of my life. I am active on MFP both in support and logging (open diary). Feel free to add me.t3qixh8fznm4.jpg
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    hi there feel free to add me 43 years young with 3 teen girls 18,16 and 14. I log in daily and love motivational friends :)