Map my run and fitness pal integration

Options
There is a discrepancy between the 2 apps what am I not getting? vqhlihgplo94.png
5uoubmi6hbz0.png
9ch1g8v630zf.png

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I believe because MFP already assumes you're burning calories during the day. Once you get above that amount you get the adjustment. The 356 is the amount above what it thinks would have burned anyway. At least that's how it is done with other connected devices. Also Map My Run tends to be extremely generous with calorie burns - you're probably better off not eating the whole amount anyway.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Is Map my run actually connected to your MyFitnessPal? From your screenshot you seem to have your iPhone tracking steps, which is likely where the 356 calories has come from.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I think @tinkerbellang83 is right and you're assuming there is a calorie reporting issue when there is actually a connectivity issue. I don't use MMR but MMW, so here is a shot of when I both manually logged some swimming and used the MMW app to report exercise. The MFP calculation is one line for swimming then the MMW entry takes one line to calculate and one line to report the calories burned. If you look at your diary for the day 9/17/17 on your phone, at the bottom of your food entries you should see where the calories are coming from. If you're on a computer, it's listed separately in the exercise tab. Hope this helps!
    74du9hoa00v6.png