what should my target be

Options
I weighed in yesterday. I was actually 2 lbs lighter than when I started out. Didn't let me throw me. I started out with my doctor's scale, fully clothed.. With my wallet and keys, cell phone and change in my pocket. I probably had 4 lbs with of loyalty cards in my wallet. So now I have my first real a in.i don't know how much progress I made in the first week, only that I've made progress. I'll know next week how much I've made.

I'm make, 19 yo and 5'11. The doctor set a goal of 135 to 145 for six months. But my normal body weight is between 131 and 179. That's a down of 48. Should I be aiming for the middle? 159?

Also, as I put on more weight it will take more calories to maintain that weight. When during to reduce weight, you lose calories you take it as you get near your target to maintain a constant weight n loss. So the reverse should be true didn't it? As I gain weight I'm going to need more calories to maintain the goal of 1 lb a week?

Does MFP automatically update my calories goal or do I have to figure that out on my own?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself at the same time, in the same place, wearing (or not) the same thing, every time. That's the only way you can compare.

What is your current weight? Are you trying to gain or lose? 135-145 is very light for a 5'11" male. My hubby is 6ft and he was skinny at 160 at about your age.

Update your stats in MFP every 10 lbs and it will give you new cals.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    150-160 imo
    lorrpb wrote: »

Update your stats in MFP every 10 lbs and it will give you new cals.

Will that end up resetting my weight loss/gain number to 0? It seems kind of stupid for mfp to calculate goals based on starting weight rather than current weight.