Having a hard time meeting Protein requirements, any tips?

Options
13»

Replies

• Dinkypaws
    Dinkypaws Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mix a scoop of protein powder into your yogurt. You'll get at least 20g protein per scoop.

On training days have a protein shake.

I'm meant to have 130g per day but I struggle sometimes too
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add that I love Orgain Organics Protein Almond Milk. It has 10g protein per serving. They have an unsweetened and a lightly sweetened variety. I order them online; however, I believe they are available at Walmart. I'm not lactose intolerant. I just love nut milks as well. I add it to coffee or protein shakes, or even drink it by itself. Oh, yeah, the color is a little strange, lol :D.
  • stephaniedenise28
    stephaniedenise28 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you are from, but in the UK, we have MOMA porridge, which comes in sachets that just require water (not sure on ingredients other than oats though) that has 13g protein per packet, and we have Lizis High Protein Granola, which has about 15g protein per 50g :) I sometimes have a small tub of tuna as snack when I need to get my protein higher, and at one point I was hitting 180g a day without protein supplements!
  • emilyeskelson
    emilyeskelson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I add protien shakes for snacks during the day -this one I an in love with right now! Totally vegan and Organic!
    https://shop.livepure.com/healthtrim-matcha-vegan-shake-vanilla/dt/MatchaShakeV
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big bar/shake person, so I get my protein mostly from tuna, shrimp, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, chicken, eggs, cheese, edamame, beans, etc. Oh, and I LOVE beef jerky.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    Protein water exists. It's called trimo.. It's 28 calories a bottle. I found it at cvs or maybe it was Walgreens... anyway it was with it. There were a few flavors to.

Isopure is basically protein water

Never heard of that one. I'll look for it. Thanks :)
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    Protein water exists. It's called trimo.. It's 28 calories a bottle. I found it at cvs or maybe it was Walgreens... anyway it was with it. There were a few flavors to.

Isopure is basically protein water

Never heard of that one. I'll look for it. Thanks :)

http://www.theisopurecompany.com/product/isopurewpi.html

You can add it to water, just adds protein. No carbs or fat. It's straight, pure, whey protein isolate.

They also have flavored varieties in "drink" type flavors like lemonade and fruit punch, which a nice change from the fuller bodied "shake" proteins.