Lets do this again!

Well, the military says I am fat by their standards, so it's time to start tracking my food all over again! I am attempting a plan of no sugar, but already I can tell how difficult this is going to be. Every little thing has sugar to it! One of my squad leaders did this and she dropped quite a bit of weight really fast. I am only 1% over on body fat for their standards and about 26 pounds over. While I aspire to drop back down to 150 (what I weighted when I left boot camp), I realize the 1% BF is way easier to achieve. If any of you have good recipes or ideas for zero sugar, let me know!

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Unless you are diabetic there is no reason to avoid sugar. Your squad leader lost weight because she created a calorie deficit. Have MFP set up a reasonable calorie deficit (0.5-1 pound a week). Weigh your food. Log everything you consume. Use correct entries (no homemade or generic). Have patience.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    We can't give you any good recipes with 0% sugar, because the ingredients would be nothing but meat, fat and oil. You can avoid added sugar if you want to - just make meals with ingredients that don't have added sugar, and don't add sugar. But you don't have to do that unless you want to. You lose weight when you eat less - aka a consistent calorie deficit. Have you tried logging your food yet?