Options
2»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'd bet it's some combination of these two things:
    jemhh wrote: »
    A lot of times we don't buy clothes when we gain weight. It could be due to budget constraints or to the clothes stretching enough to fit us and, of course, sometimes it's due to stubbornness and not wanting to get a larger size. The side effect is not shrinking out of them as much as we'd like when we lose the weight again.
    laur357 wrote: »
    Have you gone to try on new clothes? I can still wear some things from 60 pounds ago, but they look large and sloppy. If your clothes feel big, go try on some new things in smaller sizes! You may be surprised how well they fit and how different you look.

• Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5 feet tall, but I still lost 25 pounds before I needed to go down one pants size. It depends on where the weight is coming off and if you were stuffing yourself into your jeans like me :)
  • andwikaif89
    andwikaif89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm down 78lbs. Originally size 18, now size 8 or S to XS for tops. For bottoms originally size 18-20/36-38 or S to M now size 28-30. That includes my bra. It was C cup and now B cup :(
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    sdolan91 wrote: »
    I have lost 36 pounds since the beginning of the year and I still wear the same clothes.
    I guess they're way loser but I can still wear them.
    What in the world? lol Is this suppose to happen? I wanna buy a new wardrobe!!

That's how it worked for me! I was at the top end of Size 16, just edging into Size 18 when I started ... down 30 lbs and I was on the edge between Size 14 and 16 ... down another 20 lbs and I was on the edge between Size 12 and 14.

The difference between the highest sizes and the lowest sizes wasn't much.

As it happens, I've got wide shoulder and hip bones ... I can't go any lower than a Size 12, my bones get in the way.
  • FeelingAlive
    FeelingAlive Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass figure and therefore have large arms and bottom/legs compared to my waist. I've lost 26lbs so far, and still wear the same clothes. The pants and sleeves still fit very tightly in most of my clothes, but the material is rather loose around the middle. I don't think I'll drop a pants size until I lose at least 30lbs more, but I might need to invest in some belts.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It depends on how much weight you have to lose in regards to dropping sizes and also if the clothes are stretchy.

I went down 3 sizes losing 25lbs (that's 'all' I had to lose). Plus I always favoured well fitting clothes rather anything elasticated/stretchy so it was very noticeable when they began to hang on me.
  • TammyL8
    TammyL8 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm down 28lbs and didn't realize my 2x t-shirts were too big until last month. Someone bought me a 1x t-shirt for my birthday and it fit better than I thought it would considering my bra size hasn't really changed. I'm used to wearing my Steelers jerseys all the time and they're 2x men's jerseys.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The bigger you are the more you need to lose to go down a dress size. When I was 290lb it took a drop of around 40lb to go down a size from UK26 to \UK24. While I dropped a size losing less than half a stone over the last couple of months going down from a UK14 to a UK10-12. (I'm in the UK so all my sizes are different to US, I love the US sizing it would make me a 6-8 which sounds tiny).
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I lost 60 pounds before dropping any clothing sizes, Still havent dropped a pant size 105 pounds later and tiny XD which is weird to me i fit size XS dresses, but large pants xD Clothing size logic will make you crazy

100+ pound loss and still in the same pants? WTH is going on here? :o That's just amazing!
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Definitely go try on some smaller sizes on! I went down a size but didn't even realize it until I saw a L shirt laying around and decided to try it on. It fit so much better than my XL shirts! From then on I noticed just how big my shirts were on me. I think some of us get used to how our clothes feel and don't notice when they start to get too big.
  • lexington88
    lexington88 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass figure and therefore have large arms and bottom/legs compared to my waist. I've lost 26lbs so far, and still wear the same clothes. The pants and sleeves still fit very tightly in most of my clothes, but the material is rather loose around the middle. I don't think I'll drop a pants size until I lose at least 30lbs more, but I might need to invest in some belts.

Same. I lose weight off my waist fairly speedily, but my arms and legs are another story completely. Last time I lost weight, I actually went down 3 dress sizes, but it felt like I didn't lose enough to go down a single dress size for ages, and then it was more or less all at once - which probably isn't exactly how it happened, but there was enough of a lag at the start that it's how I remember it.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to start buying new clothes until I hit probably the 30-40 lbs mark. You have to keep in mind WHERE you're losing from. Once I started weight training, that's when I started to see the big difference in my pants due to the muscle toning and fat loss in my waist, hips and thighs. I would start tracking your measurements.