belly fat vs. neoprene belt?

Options
I have been using a neoprene belt for the last few weeks while I jog. The scale really hasn't moved since then and my eating habits are not as good as they were when I was at work. (elementary teacher) While these things are true, I HAVE noticed a big difference in my side "muffin top" fat and lower ab c-section area. I was the one who asked for ideas on the c-section flap and someone mentioned the belt.

I have seen people since school let out that have also noticed a difference. I find myself wearing tighter shirts b/c I am not as worried about my middle, and my husband has complimented me more now than in the last 11 years combined! :blushing: I do not have b/f and after pictures to prove it to you, and I am FAR from done with the c-section area. Letting those people who were wondering, like I did, if wearing the belt while excersicing helped was my only point in posting this. I cannot believe the amount of sweat from that area after a short workout. Please don't think that I am secretly starving myself and working out around the clock. No ab excersices have been done, the jogging is only about 20 minutes-- 4times a week, and I've already mentioned the diet has not been as structured as it should.

Has anyone else found the neoprene belt has worked for them? It was only $9.00 at Walmart, so I was willing to give it a shot. Thank you to whoever suggested it on my old c-section post!:happy:

Replies

• AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This post has for sure helped me! I have had 3 c-sections, wtithin 3 years, and that "flap" is nasty, and I want it gone! I work out actually quite a lot, but it just seems the belly area is taking it's time to slim down. If you think the belt will help, then maybe it is something I should try?

Thank you from another c-section mom :)
  • dietra7
    dietra7 Posts: 6
    Options
    yes, I have had excellent results with the neoprene belt and I feel lost without one on because I feel my workout will not be as beneficial. When I lost weight a couple of years back i worked out all the time and my stomach stayed the same, the someone mentioned the neoprene belt within two weeks i could tell the difference. So if you use it regularly, it is smart to invest in 2 or more of them, the tighter the better...:flowerforyou:
  • brookekedd
    brookekedd Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks so much for this post! I have had 5 c-sections in 7 years and my belly is definately in need of some help. I'm trying to get really serious now that I know I am done having kids.

I'm headed to Walmart this afternoon. I better add a belt to my list! Thanks, I appreciate it!!
  • dietra7
    Options
    and my baby is 4 months old and he is my second C-section and I just started dieting two weeks ago, so I will post a before and after 4 you soon.:drinker:
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    good call on the extra one! thanks
  • suckitup
    Options
    I noticed the one day I forgot to put it on this week that I felt like I was holding it in better. I was NOT able to do that before and would get angry when people would say to focus on "sucking it in" while you jog. I just focused on finishing the jog. :laugh: I put in on while laying on the couch so I can get it really tight across my lowest ab area. That is way easier than standing up while everything else hangs down!
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes it does work I got one with the high waist that fit from top to bottom from Danskins and I have lost the muffin top now losing the c-section flap. I had 2 C-sections!!!! But yes it helps I exercise 2-3 hrs a day and wear my belt I see the difference!
  • dietra7
    Options
    Vencellia, where did you get that belt from that is high-waisted? I wish I could work out 3 hours a day...i gotta get my energy up....
  • suckitup
    Options
    I like the idea of the high-waisted one too! I'd love one of those!
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just started wearing the Walmart one from Gold's Gym today and I can hardly believe how much sweat was under it when I took it off.. I wore it for several hours and did everyday things with it on (laundry, errands...) and then wore it during a 30 minute walk with my hubby and dog.. Then a bunch of sit ups and a 10-minute ab workout.. Wow.. We'll see if I lose any inches next weekend.. I had two C-sections too, and hate the "pouch" that was left over !! Yuck. So ugly.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I just picked one up at Walmart after reading this thread :laugh:

Really excited to use it and I hope it works for me! I really hate my extra large muffin top
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm just curious how the 'pouch' differs between c-section and non-c-section moms? And if the belt would work for me as well?!?!
    I'm almost at my goal weight but I'm still having mid section issues that I've never had before when I lose weight. I have a lot of loose skin and a pouch from my beautiful baby boy that is 17 months old. It's gross and I need help!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I'm just curious how the 'pouch' differs between c-section and non-c-section moms? And if the belt would work for me as well?!?!
    I'm almost at my goal weight but I'm still having mid section issues that I've never had before when I lose weight. I have a lot of loose skin and a pouch from my beautiful baby boy that is 17 months old. It's gross and I need help!

I still have that from my son, too, who is about the same age... I am wondering if that would help as well. My friend said that most people do get a bit of loose skin that never fully goes away, but I wonder if this would at least help. Any non-c-section moms out there try this???
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I found a Golds Gym belt on WalMart.com for 5 bucks if anyone is interested.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I saw another thread about this the other day and checked out Wal-mart's website. While my abs aren't really my problem thanks to a tummy tuck, I am thinking about getting the bike shorts for my butt/hip/thighs when I get a few spare dollars.

L
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I have what is probably a stupid question... are you supposed to wear the belt on the outside of your clothes like it shows on the box or under your clothes? Seems it would be more effective under the clothes right on your skin.
  • suckitup
    Options
    Well, I didn't even look at the picture on the box. :tongue: (oops) I wear mine under my shirt. Just make sure that the velcro is not touching the skin. I did this the first time, didn't adjust it b/f I ran, and had a little raw mark.

I am excited about looking for the shorts. My legs are the most solid thing on my body but the inner thighs still have some jiggle! :blushing:
  • suckitup
    Options
    I am not a doctor, but I would think that for non c-sections, it may have better results because the muscle underneath was not cut. That is a total guess. I had results first with the muffin sides, but am now noticing the lower ab flab shrinking!!!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    ordered a pair of pants from Amazon to try!!
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Potentially dumb question here, but here goes...is the weight loss (and extra sweating) just due to getting rid of excess water or water retention? and if so, does it (water/weight gain) just come back at a later time? i ask because I am a super sweaty exerciser anyway, and want to know if it is worth the agony of EVEN MORE sweat ;)