Help!!!

Options
Hey guys. I'm in a bit of a predicament.
I'm nearing the end of my "modern physique" and I don't look anywhere close to what I want to.

So my question is should I continue on a shredding/cut program. Or should I start a muscle building program? Then back to a cut

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What do you want to look like?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    You should take up a sport and have some fun. How about beach volleyball?
  • jordanchamzuk
    jordanchamzuk Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Jeff seid is a good example.
  • jordanchamzuk
    jordanchamzuk Posts: 53 Member
    Options

And why would you say That? Infind being in the gym fun, I just don't know where to go with it
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Building your dream physique takes time... typically many years. Have you run bulk/cut cycles? What does your training look like? Do you know your current bodyfat% approximately? For a male I believe you want to be around 10% or under to start bulking.
  • jenniferbloomfield967
    Options
    Maybe get with a coach ? I have one and she tells me how it is. Her name is Keely Coleman or keelycolemanfit on IG. She's had a couple male competitors.

For my situation I wasn't ready to get on stage so we're just continuing to cut until next spring. For guys I know it's a diff ballgame.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Totally my personal opinion, but I think based on your photo you should do a muscle building program. You aren't overweight but your arms could stand to be bigger. Again, just my personal opinion based on what I like guys to look like, since you asked. You do what makes you happy! You already look better than most guys.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You should learn to accept the way you are made.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options

The fitness model? That's his career. . .I think you look good now, and I don't like Jeff's look in his modeling pics, so I guess I'm no help at all!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Infind being in the gym fun, I just don't know where to go with it

people can't really answer that for you since they don't know why the gym is fun for you. people get their versions of fun in different ways.

i'd always say go for strength if you want fun, but that's because that's where my own preference is. i think of cutting as just eating below maintenance though, so to me that's something you don't even need to go near a gym for.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

And in what way is that different to how you look now... You need to be a bit more specific here if you want sone actual useful advice...
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd cut about 5% bf
    Then slowly bulk from there.
    It's going to take years naturally.

Jeff has great genetics and uses peds,
    So don't set yourself unrealistic goals
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm in a bit of a predicament.
    I'm nearing the end of my "modern physique" and I don't look anywhere close to what I want to.

So my question is should I continue on a shredding/cut program. Or should I start a muscle building program? Then back to a cut

how long have you been working at this?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options

And why would you say That? Infind being in the gym fun, I just don't know where to go with it

I encourage you to explore why you are getting into shape. It could be for a wide range of reasons from wanting to being a model, wanting to do a bodybuilding competition, improving health, or wanting to get better at a sport. Bragging rights is a pretty weak motivator in my experience (and I have certainly pursued them).

You appear to be in great shape right now, so what is your payoff? What would you do if you got even stronger?