Caesar salad kit-Aldi ... croutons,cheese,dressing?

Options
How do I figure out the calories for the croutons the dressing and the cheese that comes with those kits? Because I'm assuming it's not part of the calories on the back of the package

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    When I buy a bagged salad, it typically lists all the calories on the back of the bag. Are you not seeing that?
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Here is this...
  • Famof72015
    Options
    I think I just found it though so how would I interpret that the dressing and the toppings for 2 1/2 servings is total 160 cal
  • Famof72015
    Options
    No, I don't think that's it. Hmmmm I have no idea.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    Here is this...

Given the calories and fat per serving, it looks like they did include the dressing and croutons in the calorie count.

If I wanted to know how much I would take the calories for one serving and multiply it by 2.5. It won't be completely exact (the bag says you have "about" three servings), but it will give you a good estimate.
  • Famof72015
    Options
    Here is this...

Given the calories and fat per serving, it looks like they did include the dressing and croutons in the calorie count.

If I wanted to know how much I would take the calories for one serving and multiply it by 2.5. It won't be completely exact (the bag says you have "about" three servings), but it will give you a good estimate.

Okay it's Monday and so help me out here... isn't there 160/calories per serving? So I just used my scale and got myself 100 g of salad put that into my fitness pal and I don't have to do anything else because that's including the croutons and the dressing?

Or why would I take it by 2.5(cups)?
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Here is this...

Okay it's Monday and so help me out here... isn't there 160/calories per serving? So I just used my scale and got myself 100 g of salad put that into my fitness pal and I don't have to do anything else because that's including the croutons and the dressing?

Or why would I take it by 2.5(cups)?

Oh, I'm sorry -- I didn't realize you were using a scale. Yes, if you weighed out 100 grams that is what you should log. I apologize for not understanding your question. It looks like the calories for 100 grams do include the extra ingredients -- it wouldn't have so many calories and fat if it was just the lettuce.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    They are included in the nutritional info on the package for those. Note that it is 3 servings for 1 bag - so 480ish calories if you eat the whole thing. (The stuff that isn't croutons and cheese and dressing probably amounts to 20 calories max).

(ETA: "and cheese")
  • Famof72015
    Options
    Thank you!!