Meal suggestions

Options
This app suggested 1360 calories a day for me to hit my weight loss goal. I would like some ideas on low calorie ideas that are dairy and gluten free, as I can't medically have them, for meals/snacks that will make me feel full and satisfied. I've never counted calories so this is a first. I'd like to lose 20-30lbs. I'm 5'2" 155lbs. I just got into biking for exercise and use an elliptical a couple times a week and do some weight training. I have no problem building muscle, it's the fat that I struggle with.
I would like so pointers on meals and maybe best exercises.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Options
    Eat the food you currently eat and adjust portion sizes to fit your goal. Add more vegetables to your plate. Have a salad with your meal.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    Get and use a kitchen scale to accurately know your portion size. Log your food honestly. Eat some of your exercise calories, but not too many. Be patient.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Medical condition that prevents you from eating dairy and gluten? Did you know that most insurance will pay for a visit with a dietitian? Call your insurance company first.
    I am surprised that doctors cannot even give a patient a website to go to for information on what to eat.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I like to make bowls with any combination of beans, rice, chicken, shrimp, quinoa, corn, avocado and sauteed vegetables (peppers, onions, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms). I like to use chipotle Tobasco or Frog ranch salsa to add flavor.

Also, can you eat eggs? Omelets are very filling if you load them up with protein and meat. And vegetable and tofu or chicken stir fry is another. Use gluten free Tamari soy sauce.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com. She has lots of good low-calorie recipes.
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick to meat & salad or meat & vegies. Then ill have eggs too and i vary the way they are cooked.