getting in your daily calories

Options
Is anyone else having trouble getting in their needed amount of calories for the day? I have really revamped my diet where I'm lowering my carb intake and eating mostly lean meats and veggies, but the problem is now I'm falling short of my calorie goal. I want to do this the right way and not starve myself but I also don't want to go back to stuffing my face when I"m not hungry.

Any one have this problem or any ideas to help?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Eat half lean meats and half fatty meats, nuts, pre-log your food. No need to reduce carbs to low unless for medical reasons.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Unless for a medical reason there is no real reason to go low carb, but eat things like avocado, olive oil, peanut butter, cheese. You need to eat good quality food and personally for me i see no harm in having some treats.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Yep, both hit it on he head.

Full fat dairy, nuts, nut butters, full fat/calorie condiments, avocados, olive oil/butter, lean proteins/cans of tuna, eggs...that aughta help.
  • jezzijune1
    Options
    Well I've been trying to cut carbs because I feel better and I don't have the temptationto binge. I think it's a gluten thing, but really I just want to keep my carb intake 30% or under.