Keto diet

Options
Hey friends. Hope all if u guys are reaching the goals u set out for urselves. Anyway. I'm on the keto diet for 2 weeks now. However although I gain muscle. The fat on my lower belly and lovehandles just stays there. I like the keto diet really, not as hard as I thought, but old help, in the end we're all in this together. Thanks guys

Replies

• 1luckygal
    1luckygal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting this and hopeful! I did good on carb cycling and know low carb is really good for losing the belly area and am not stuck at a weight so I'm going to kick in to keto gear! Good luck!!
  • msb306
    msb306 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just reading about keto diet and wondering how it all works. I did a macro calculator and it says I need a LOT of calories compared to what I've been eating. Any wisdom to share?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    msb306 wrote: »
    Just reading about keto diet and wondering how it all works. I did a macro calculator and it says I need a LOT of calories compared to what I've been eating. Any wisdom to share?
    You could start a new thread, but basically,

If you weigh more than you like, you've consistently been eating more than you need, and you are used to that, that is normal to you. Many people think they have to starve themselves to lose weight, but you just need to eat a little less than you burn. If you are used to eating a lot more than you burn, the difference will seem dramatic, but it's just because of what you think of as normal. You will also tend to underestimate your intake, so a perfectly normal calorie goal (maintenance of healthy weight, or healthy weight loss) seems like a very large number. Then there is the issue of plotting in the right numbers in the right places. Have you used MFP's setup yet? Have you tried different weightloss rates and compared the different calorie goals it gives you?