low fat intake

Options
Hey everyone,

as you can see from the subject my problem is a low fat intake. And it's not becuase I don't think fat is important, it's just that I cannot easily included into meal planning. I have been having at least one egg everyday, I got a bit tired of almonds and nut so I put them in some smoothie sometimes but I cannot really have them as snack.

Suggestions on how to include fat into my diet will be very appreciated.

Cheers.

Replies

• j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I get mine mostly from peanut butter and cheese.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Are you vegitarian? There's plenty of good, healthy fats in meats.

Try nut butters, avocados, cooking with more olive oil, flax and chia seeds, etc.
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i seem to do fine with my fats, even though i am avoiding saturated ones. (due to high cholesterol)

i eat

salmon
    low fat milk (eat the full fat ones?)
    no fat yoghurt (full fat ... also for you - eat cheese ...)
    avocardo
    cook with olive oil
    i eat chicken and sometimes red meats, they still contain fats even when you cut off visible fats.
    eggs
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    use feta, avocardo, some almonds and olive oil in a salad... ( i make a roast pumpkin and red onion salad with a little maple syrup at the end of roasting, ive roasted in a little olive oil... then in a bowl i have spinach leaves, olives feta and almonds... fricken yummy..... for a salad.. :flowerforyou:
    as an idea,
  • martides90
    Options
    Thanks for the headsup. I must say I live in China, where cheese is an imported food = triple the price than in western countries and you cannot find it anywhere; so it's kind of a treat for me. I use extra vergin oil, but recently it's been too hot to use the stoves :P I will use it as dressing sald to add fat ;)

I do eat meat, eggs but it just seems to be enough.