Not losing weight on 1200 calories

Options
Hi all
I am looking to lose around 10 lbs.
Managed to get down from 71kg to 67kg beginning of this year.
I am 5'7 women aged 30.
Active job as a nurse always on my feet plus I walk a lot with my dogs and go to the gym 3-4 times a week.
I previously lost on 1200 to 1300 calories a day.
Have been at it for two weeks lost 0.6kg then weighed in again and I am back to my starting weight.
Not really sure what I am doing wrong! Any advice?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,948 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Weight fluctuates for reasons other than fat change and your 0.6kg number is within the normal weight fluctuation range.

Use a trending weight app to smooth your daily weight changes and accentuate the trend.

Weighing several days apart still leaves you with few data points and unable to reliably see your trend.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    be more patient
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    It hasn't been long enough to panic. There are many reasons for temporary weight gain, such as water retention, time of the month, scale variations, time of day, or constipation. Weigh and log all your food to be sure you really are eating the calories you think you are and carry on. Good luck!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I'm going to point out that you are under eating. 1200 cals with the amount of exercise you are doing, plus an active job, is far too little for someone your height. With so little left to lose, you are stressing your body. That may have absolutely nothing to do with your weight fluctuation, but eventually that will catch up on you.

As for wild weight fluctuations from water when you're closer to goal, I'm currently shedding my winter insulation. As far as the scales are concerned, as of today, I'm only about 900g (2lb) down, in four and a half weeks. A couple of days ago I'd technically gained weight. During that 4 1/2 weeks there's been restarting strength training, TOM, ovulation, restarting running, and just about to hit TOM again. In other words, lots of things can affect water weight, and water weight can very, very easily mask fat loss, especially if you're only weighing once a week.