Plateau from artificial foods?

Options
I'm a vegetarian and I've lost weight pretty consistently of about 1 lb per week, and my calorie goal is only 1200, but now I'm not seeing any results from the excersize I do. I heard that eating artificial foods like fruit snacks can slow down ones metabolism. True? And as a restart, would it be best to dramatically increase my calorie intake for a day?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    remmus102 wrote: »
    I'm a vegetarian and I've lost weight pretty consistently of about 1 lb per week, and my calorie goal is only 1200, but now I'm not seeing any results from the excersize I do. I heard that eating artificial foods like fruit snacks can slow down ones metabolism. True? And as a restart, would it be best to dramatically increase my calorie intake for a day?

Not true
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Please tell your current weight and height. For how long have you not progressed with weight loss? For how long have you been consuming 1200 calories daily? Have you used a kitchen scale to weigh all your food? Do you log your exercise calories accurately? (Hint, the answer here is "No", because most of us don't have access to a live-in calorimeter.) And do you eat a portion of your exercise calories?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Where do you hear things like that? I'm really curious? What are you re-starting from?
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have heard of artificial sweeteners stalling weight loss - but I don't know how reliable the studies are or what is in your fruit snacks
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Not true unless you are allergic or something and they are causing inflammation and water weight. But that could happen with any food, artificial or not.