I love sweet potatoes!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Raysie1
    Raysie1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash and sweet potato soup. Tasty and low in cals.
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a new dish to try this weekend and was going to give this a whirl, although I settled on something different ...

what appealed to me was that the core of the dish was sweet potato :smile: I can just eat kilos and kilos of roasted sweet potato and roasted pumpkin all day long.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    potatoyeti wrote: »
    A baked sweet potato with a bit of maple syrup is all that you need to make a meal that much better.

Maple sounds good. I usually use a little cinnamon sugar. I love sweet potatoes also, but baked is really the only way I have them that is very healthy, even though sometimes I add natural sugar from cane that grows in the tropics. ;)

Not so healthy, I like the candied yams (really sweet potatoes in the US) with pecans and a very thin layer of mini marshmallows baked on top. Sweet potato pie with whipped cream is really good.

I am not a big fan of adding them in savory recipes; not everything needs to be varied every time you eat it. Baked as a side is how I have them probably 90% of the time, usually plain.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I eat so many, I’m orange. Literally.
  • TrickyRicky63
    TrickyRicky63 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I like to top my zucchini noodles with tomatoes sauce blended with sweet potatoes to make it sweet.
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Black Bean, and Sweet Potato Stew

Cook and shred 400g of chicken breast
    Peel and dice 500-600g of sweet potatoes
    Roughly chop 120g of red onion
    Cook (or drain and rinse a can) 120g black beans
    Open a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes

Pour 4 cups of chicken broth or stock into a dutch oven, add in all of the previous ingredients, sprinkle a teaspoon of smoked paprika, crack some pepper and sea salt to taste, and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender (15-25 mins depending on how big or small you diced them). Use a potato masher or a stick blender to blast the stew a couple of times to thicken it up, and serve hot.
    elp94hmh47l8.png