Options
13»

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    aeloine wrote: »
    I've been "following" this post since Day 1, and it's still blowing my mind. I started at around 270 (in the 220's now) and CANNOT imagine being even CLOSE to 130. I've been thinking I'd be happy at 180....

I'd suggest maybe getting to your goal of 180 and consider maintaining for a couple of months, and see how you feel. If you like the way you look and feel, then by all means stay there! :) If you think you'd like to lose a bit more, go for another 10lbs and re-evaluate. There's nothing to say that your first "goal" has to be your final one.

My initial goal was 160, because I had no confidence in my ability to get any lower than that! After seeing a bit of success, and also realising that 160 was still "overweight", I revised my goal to 150. (I've been close - made it to 150.5 a couple of times!) After a few more months of success, and thinking about the weight I used to be, I revised again to 140. I can't imagine, right now, being 130 or less... but if I do make it to 140 and decide I'd like to be a bit slimmer, at least I have the tools now to aim for it!

Like @WandaVaughn I was around 145 on my wedding day 28 years ago, and I wanted to fit into my wedding dress again - plus I had a couple of other dresses from that time that I wanted to fit. I can actually wear all but one of them now, even though I'm a few pounds heavier (but my wedding dress was a forgiving style... ;) ), but I'd still like to lose a few more!

aeloine wrote: »
    How even does 130 look on people our height??!

Here's a couple of sites with photos of regular women (i.e. not models!) at different weights/heights - I've been through some of these galleries before and it's quite amazing how much difference body shape and composition makes. Even when they're all the same height and weight, they all look a bit different and some definitely look smaller than others!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

http://www.height-weight-chart.com/506-130.html

AWESOME responses by a couple of PPs. I really appreciate ya'll!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and right now I maintain around 127-130lbs. I haven't tracked in a few years, but when I did my maintenance was around 2400-2600cals or so, 3-4x per week lifting, some yoga, not much cardio. Moderately active in my daily life. Typically I track and adjust as necessary. If I went higher than 132lbs, I dialed the cals back a bit to stay in maintenance.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Venetia27 wrote: »
    I think my metabolism must be broken!
    I'm 43, 5'6" - just been losing baby weight, and currently stuck at 130 - and I'm not sure if I'm active or not?

-I just run around all day after kids never getting to sit down for long, and walk to do school and preschool runs carrying a 30 pound toddler on my back in a sling, and pushing a 40 pound preschooler in a buggy while doing so!
    I only get out for a short (20 minutes) run 2 or 3 times a week. I am still breastfeeding (loads) though so you would think that would given me extra calories, but I seem to be maintaining at 1550...

130 for 5'6 is great!