Bland Food Diet

Dead_Darling
Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello!

I have recently become ill with some gastro intestinal problems - similar to the symptoms of cyclical vomiting syndrome, but I'm having more tests done to rule out other issues.
In the meantime, my doctor suggested going on a bland food diet.
I'm just wondering what foods would be suitable, as I also lift a few times a week.
I'm also vegan, so I'm stuck as to what to eat and not throw up at random times.

Thank you!

Replies

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Can your doctor provide you with a list of approved foods? For a vegan I would assume (I am not a doctor though) that bland foods could include boiled or baked potatoes with nothing on them, plain pasta, maybe some tofu?, I am not sure but maybe chick peas or cannellini beans may be bland enough.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Other foods to discuss with your doctor -- bananas, rice, and blended cereals like Cream of Wheat.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Why did your doctor not give you a list? Here is a link to bland food https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000068.htm
  • Dead_Darling
    Thank you all for the information.
    My doctor just said avoid spicy and rich foods, and that's it. I guess he just expected me to figure the rest of it out myself :/
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Thank you all for the information.
    My doctor just said avoid spicy and rich foods, and that's it. I guess he just expected me to figure the rest of it out myself :/

Haha, how unhelpful! Are you able to get a referral to an RD to help you build a meal plan?
  • Dead_Darling
    There are a few dietians near me, so I'll check with them.
    Thank you!