What I Ate Wednesday

avskk
avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
I love these things, I am so nosy about food! I'll start us off.

Breakfast: rolled oats with brown sugar, butter, and nutmeg; giant mug of coffee.

Lunch: leftover pork curry from last night (ground pork, coconut milk, vegetable stock, tomatoes, kale, carrots, onions, garlic, a million spices) over rice, with avocado, mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and Green Dragon sauce to top it off.

Snack: half an apple.

Dinner: will be a porkchop casserole kind of thing -- pork chops seared in a skillet, then layered between applesauce and stuffing and baked in the oven; steamed spinach and cauliflower with tarragon vinegar.

Anyone else? Help a food voyeur out. :)

Replies

• avskk
    Offered it to my son and then, with regret, threw it out. I'm not usually a food waster, but I was full and I had to get back to work.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: Ezekiel bread with homemade cashew cheese; aloo saag

Lunch: Braised rosemary lentils with pickled red onions, homemade brown sugar mustard, and chopped jalapeno peppers; caramel sea salt Larabar bites.

Dinner (planned): Savory french toast; collard greens
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Breakfast - 2 Belvita Strawberry and Live Yoghurt breakfast biscuits + Fibre One Lemon bar.

Lunch - don't generally eat lunch due to my lifestyle.

Dinner - Roast Chicken Breast, Rosemary & Garlic New Potatoes, Fine Beans & a Duck Egg + dessert of Quark with Pb2 and fruit, nuts & seeds mixed in. (quark is like a high protein soft cheese that I substitute for Greek Yoghurt)
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    B-fast -(To busy to eat..)

Lunch -1/4 block of pepper jack cheese (200cal) and a keto pizza (207cal)

Dinner -shrimp alfredo with spinach and portabellas (173cal)

Snack -1/4cup sunflower seeds with shells (190cal), 15 green olives (38cal), 1/3 Gatorade (37cal)..

845cal and it's almost 8pm. I need something else but sheesh I've been gone all day! What to eat what to eat.. BP coffee this late is OUT.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    B- bean and cheese burrito
    L- beef ravioli with sauce
    D- beans and rice, squash
    S- chocolate dipped peanut butter granola bar, blueberries, chocolate covered peanuts

• lauren11983
    lauren11983 Posts: 1 Member
    B- Thomas whole wheat bagel thin with laughing cow pepper jack spread triangle and an over easy egg
    AM S - apple with spicy turkey nick's stick
    L- paleo beef meat balls with marinara sauce over spaghetti squash
    PM S- heath dilly bar from DQ
    D- roasted skinless, boneless chicken thighs with poultry seasoning and roasted veggies (sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, baby carrots and broccoli)

Still have 400+ calories to eat and I'm full
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I'll join in on this. Even though my diary is wide open, I'll describe what I've eaten today and plan for the remainder of the day.

Breakfast was a smoothie. I can't call it "green" any longer since I've started using 1 oz blackberry in it. It's a rich shade of purple. It had 60 grams of kale, 4.2 oz whole milk kefir. I was trying for 4.0 but didn't stop pouring in time. It had 30 grams of peanut powder, 1 ounce of hulled hemp seeds, 12 grams of Better Body Liv Fit Superfood Blend with Protein and 3 grams of creatine. I know that the creatine is pointless woo but I have it and it's not going to hurt me. It also had a huge frozen banana and 9 oz of crushed ice. I aim for at least 8 oz ice. The banana was 160 grams, while 120 is more usual. I drank all that coffee at work, even past noon, but logged it all as breakfast. The smoothie gave me 36 grams of protein and cost 564 calories.

Lunch is my smallest meal of the day. I bake a loaf of bread each week using half whole wheat and half fine bread flour, and add an ounce of chia seeds and ground flax seeds to the recipe. I take a slice of bread to work along with a banana. At my desk I have protein powder, trail mix, almonds, and dates. For lunch, I spread eating across the workday, with 14 grams of the Omega-3 trail mix after 2 hours of work, and 8 almonds or one date after 6 hours of work. At 4 hours, I toast the bread and cut an inch or so off the banana to use as a spread topping on the toast. I use a shaker cup to measure water and stir a serving of protein powder into the water. The toast and protein shake is a small meal.

Dinner today was on a Philly steak bun, with half an avocado mixed with some Terana guacamole seasoning. I didn't log that because it was less than 1 gram and goes in as 0 calories anyway. On top of that was a slice of provolone cheese, and I stir-fried 61 grams of thin-sliced beef along with 65 grams of onions and bell peppers. I'll do this one more time then I won't replace the steak buns. The only reason I'm using them is to avoid setting a world record for oldest un-decayed bread product. My drink was some home brewed kombucha.

That has me at 1434 calories for the day. I plan to have a peach soon, which will be about 100 calories. From 1534 I still need to find 200 more calories to get to my calorie goal for today. I'm already above my protein goal, but I haven't logged my workday standing and I haven't logged any home exercise today, which I plan to do. There's going to be more food logged as "snacks" when I decide what they'll be. If my exercise is high enough, I'll have a piece of my bread with molasses and peanut butter. If not, I'll just have Blue Bell No Sugar Added ice cream.

I make my kefir and I bake my bread. Look in on my diary tomorrow and you'll see my yogurt bowl for breakfast. I make my yogurt, too. I also made my kimchi, and I'll use it occasionally, even on my pizza that I make.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Breakfast -chocolate shakeology with Almond milk, ice, amazing greens, pb2

Snack- green grapes

Lunch- 1/2 Baja fresh bbq chicken salad

Snack- Bare coconut chips with Chia seed and apple chips

Dinner - rotisserie chicken breast, roasted asparagus with olive oil, sautéed spinach with onions, and a brown rice & Quinoa mix

85 ounces of water
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    u8hj3rqw61fv.jpeg

It was kinda simple but better than Chef Boyardee
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Breakfast I don't eat but about four cups of coffee with a tablespoon of half and half in each makes me more fun to be around for my co workers.
    Lunch chicken thigh baked with onion and bell peppers. Lots of salt pepper garlic salt and chipotle. About a tsp of olive oil. A Greek yogurt.
    Super ground turkey spaghetti sauce over green beans
    Snacks goldfish crackers so far. About to go to a class a the gym and I'll need 500 more calories before bed. I'm thinking lots of pb on a bagel and then whatever looks good.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    Breakfast: Spicy sauerkraut and a poached egg on an English muffin
    Lunch: Pumpkin soup with chicken
    Dinner: Enormous taco salad
    Snacks: Can of baby corn spears and more spicy sauerkraut
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Breakfast: "Cinnamon bun" protein oats (1/2 cup oats, cinnamon, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, dash of brown sugar) and a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
    Lunch: Sweet earth Spanish Paella, banana, small apple.
    Dinner: 4 oz steak, tuscan veggie noodle mix, corn.
    Snacks: Trader joes sweet n juicy mango, Vanilla merengue cookies (3)

Still need another snack to hit my goal... thinking ice cream!
  • shorayna
    shorayna Posts: 24 Member
    Breakfast: GNC Lean Shake
    Medium coffee with milk no sugar
    Lunch: Turkey Club , 7 grain bread and avocado
    Dinner: GNC Lean Shake
    Snack: 1 Clementine 1 mozzarella stick
    Total of 1231 calories
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: PB&J Oatmeal...1/2 cup oatmeal, tablespoon of peanut butter, teaspoon of apricot preserves, packet of sugar in the raw (not a typical addition for me, but it was just really flavorless for some reason & I didn't have my usual grape jam on hand). Coffee with unsweetened original almond milk.

Lunch: Arby's regular roast beef with half bun & 1/2 packet of creamy horseradish sauce, water (I had lunch with my dad and he's 71 and awesome & wanted Arby's)

Dinner: Homemade curry with coconut milk, imitation crabmeat, brown rice, and TONS of carrots, zucchini, onion & mushrooms. Ginger peach sparkling water.

Dessert/Snack (part of Dinner): 1 homemade lavender honey scone (~130 cal) and Earl Grey tea
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    B - sweet potato, cauliflower, and zucchini hash; mushrooms; couple fried eggs; 3 turkey sausage links, black beans, and salsa all mixed together
    L - black beans, ham, romaine, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers and a light vinaigrette
    Snacks - cottage cheese, pickles, sauerkraut, enlightened sea salt caramel ice cream bar, 1 serving vanilla halo top, thin rice cakes with jam, black berries, several pork sausages wrapped in bacon, oatmeal with cranberries, strawberry yogurt (not all at the same time)
    D - skipped because of all the aforementioned snacks... free food sometimes just does me in with willpower, especially when the free food includes bacon!
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    I ended up burning more calories than I planned so my after gym snack was a slice of bread with a tablespoon of crunchy pb, nine dark chocolate kisses, and a full fat milk latte. Might not be the most well rounded macros ever but delicious and smile inducing.
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Breakfast a fiber fruit and veg smoothie ( beet juice 1/3 cup yogurt,1/2 banana 1/2 apple , tbsp each wheat germ ,flax ,chia ,oat bran ect blended with ice and crystal light and drank ( mixed with more crystal light )a cup at a time over the day and a cup of coffee with milk 447 cal this drink keeps me full

lunch 2 eggs and 2 oz low fat ham on a a honey wheat English muffin 331 cal

Dinner 4 oz pumpkin soup , side salad with no oil vinaigrette roast chicken and roasted grean beans onions and tomatoes millet brown rice and quinoa ( Earthly Choice - Organic Sprouted Blend ) Edamame - Shelled and Steamed ( 550 cal )

Rode the stationary bike 46 min

snack 4 oz vanilla ice cream with 1/2 oz plumped raisins and a drizzle of sugar free smores syrup

1511 calories for the day and I am very content every 4-5 days I have a day with 1-2 hundred extra calories today was it
  • avskk
    edited September 2017
    I love this thread. Anyone want to roll it into Things I Ate Thursday? It's early here, but I already have my day planned out.

Breakfast: coffee at home, pumpkin donut from the local shop (I do what I want).

Lunch: will be a tuna salad sandwich on 24-grain bread; spinach-and-tomato side salad; half an avocado stuffed with the tuna salad that doesn't fit in the sandwich.

Snack: if I have one today, it'll probably be a cup of grapes and cheese cubes from the sandwich place at my work.

Dinner: freezer meal, since I have errands to run after work -- chicken lasagna rolls with garlic-Parmesan sauce, steamed cauliflower and broccoli with tarragon vinegar.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited September 2017
    Breakfast: big mug of tea (unsweetened, mix of green tea and Bengal Spice)

Lunch: Leftover salmon and stir fry veggies (peppers, carrots, onions, parsnips)

Dinner: http://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/roasted-garlic-chicken-alfredo One of the rare occasions I actually cooked from a recipe. It was delicious! (though next time I will add a little spice to the sauce) Also had some roasted cauliflower with it because I didn't want to heat the oven just for one head of garlic.