Interesting way of looking at motivation

Options
I really enjoyed this article and funnily enough without realizing it I utilized this form of motivation a few years ago and it worked well. It's not super long but it is funny.

http://physiqonomics.com/story-love-fat-loss-motivation-2/

Replies

• unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It really gets you to think about the 'what ifs' at the end. I myself have been focusing too much on my end goal instead of looking back to see how far I have come and already achieved.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    unigirl143 wrote: »
    It really gets you to think about the 'what ifs' at the end. I myself have been focusing too much on my end goal instead of looking back to see how far I have come and already achieved.

Thanks for reading, I never really realized the importance of motivation, or thoughts I could utilize. I guess I was doing it unconsciously
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    He really gets you thinking, doesn't he? Have to re-read this when I've read so much about Paleo, hplc, rim,llc, on this site that my head is swimming with terms, letters I don't understand. He brings me back to grounded. Sanity.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Thank you for sharing this :) Im glad its not just me! Haha. I tried to lose weight for "me" but would lose and gain the same 10lbs because I kept giving up. My husband said/did some horrible stuff that burned into my brain and Ive held onto it for months and made amazing progress because I never wanted to feel like that again!!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Great article