Weekend temptation! The struggle is real.

Options
Does anyone else have an easy time eating clean all week, then struggle once Friday and Saturday arrive?? I made it through this past weekend without going out to eat or eating any fattening meals, but I already have anxiety about this coming weekend. I'm going to make it through, but I know temptation from family and friends will be there!

Replies

• saramccartha86
    saramccartha86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Omg weekends are my downfall. I find if I stay busy and have meals prepared I do better.
  • Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Omg weekends are my downfall. I find if I stay busy and have meals prepared I do better.

Ugh yes. Why must weekends be so difficult? I also find it easier to stay on track if I have a busy weekend planned. The trouble is, most of my weekends are pretty bland haha. So I get bored and want to eat.... and eat... and eat.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I save some calories for my weekends so I can hang with my husband, date night or football snacks and not have to white knuckle it through. It also keeps him from rolling his eyes at my "diet".
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I save some calories for my weekends so I can hang with my husband, date night or football snacks and not have to white knuckle it through. It also keeps him from rolling his eyes at my "diet".

Saving calories... That's a good idea! It's really hard to be disciplined when everyone around you is eating delicious fattening foods. I went to the fair the other night and managed to avoid every fried food vendor, and even resisted funnel cakes even though my 3 friends each had their own. It was so hard :D
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Fitkam90 wrote: »

Saving calories... That's a good idea! It's really hard to be disciplined when everyone around you is eating delicious fattening foods. I went to the fair the other night and managed to avoid every fried food vendor, and even resisted funnel cakes even though my 3 friends each had their own. It was so hard :D

you can also go by weekly calorie intake so on some days you can eat less and weekends eat more. as long as you are getting in your calories for the week you should be fine. also know that you can also eat maintenance calories on the weekend and get back on track through the week and maybe eat a little less. weight loss may slow a bit but you can get back to it and you wont feel as deprived maybe. so if you have 1500 calories per day thats 10,500 for the week. so you can play around with your calories through the week. if you are at 10,500 calories for the week you will also be fine
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Fitkam90 wrote: »

you can also go by weekly calorie intake so on some days you can eat less and weekends eat more. as long as you are getting in your calories for the week you should be fine. also know that you can also eat maintenance calories on the weekend and get back on track through the week and maybe eat a little less. weight loss may slow a bit but you can get back to it and you wont feel as deprived maybe. so if you have 1500 calories per day thats 10,500 for the week. so you can play around with your calories through the week. if you are at 10,500 calories for the week you will also be fine

That is a great idea. I have never considered a weekly calorie budget. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Weekends are my downfall too...really just Saturday, though. I do well about planning & logging and staying on track Friday evening, usually, and Sundays. But on Saturdays, I go a little crazy. I hate the term "cheat day" but I guess it's a little that way. My husband and I usually go out to lunch AND dinner on Saturdays.

I usually make a point to do a lot of extra exercise on Saturdays too, so it works out. However, if the weather is terrible and/or we have a lot of plans or company in town, it can get screwed up. So I have had many screwed up Saturdays calorie-wise. I feel your pain.
  • msemiliejean
    msemiliejean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've definitely always found the weekends harder! I have pretty good will power and I stick to my eating lifestyle, but it feels like I'm missing part of what it means to be social. I'll still go out with my friends just like I would before but it's weird to be the person who isn't drinking or sharing some of the food and making my own healthy adjustments to meals. The best thing to do is just remember why you're doing what you're doing, allow yourself some flexibility if you really want to and surround yourself with positive people who will support that you want to make healthier choices
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    Weekends are my downfall too...really just Saturday, though. I do well about planning & logging and staying on track Friday evening, usually, and Sundays. But on Saturdays, I go a little crazy. I hate the term "cheat day" but I guess it's a little that way. My husband and I usually go out to lunch AND dinner on Saturdays.

I usually make a point to do a lot of extra exercise on Saturdays too, so it works out. However, if the weather is terrible and/or we have a lot of plans or company in town, it can get screwed up. So I have had many screwed up Saturdays calorie-wise. I feel your pain.

Friday nights and Saturday nights are the worst for me! I've noticed if I allow myself to have a "cheat meal" for lunch, then fast the rest of the day, drink lots of water, and get a good workout in, it won't affect me as much as if I eat it at night. I think it is sweet you and your husband enjoy going out to eat together though! I hope my someday when I'm married, I'll have that relationship where we still enjoy going out together even after we are married.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    I've definitely always found the weekends harder! I have pretty good will power and I stick to my eating lifestyle, but it feels like I'm missing part of what it means to be social. I'll still go out with my friends just like I would before but it's weird to be the person who isn't drinking or sharing some of the food and making my own healthy adjustments to meals. The best thing to do is just remember why you're doing what you're doing, allow yourself some flexibility if you really want to and surround yourself with positive people who will support that you want to make healthier choices

So true. I always miss the social part of going out to eat! Flexibility is key.
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I changed my weigh in day to Monday, since I dont have a social life :D I do have small children, though, and weekends are our family outing days.
  • Fitkam90
    Options
    carlyp79 wrote: »
    I changed my weigh in day to Monday, since I dont have a social life :D I do have small children, though, and weekends are our family outing days.

I don't have much of a social life either. I weigh in almost every day...which probably isn't good. I'm a bit scale obsessed. Even though I know it isn't the number on the scale that matters when you are gaining muscle and losing inches. Curse you, evil scale!
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and track it on an app that sho s me that even though my weight fluctuates it is always in a downward trend. It keeps me sane.