ahhhhh!! i wana just grab junk food and say screw it!!

Options
i lost 6 pounds last week and now i gained 4 pounds this week!!..i was sick and i couldn't work out as much as i was and i manage to watch what i was eating..but now i feel horrible and im back at square one!!..and dont wana give in to this thing..but its like ughhh wth is going on..within a week i lost what i had worked hard on..all cuz i was sick and my daughter got sick and i wasnt able to focus..and lik a dumby i ate 8!! sugar cookies today cause i was mad but now i feel guilty and angry that i did that to myself..and i kinda feel sick..cause i havent been eating junk like that in forever ..so i feel blah!! how does some one lose and gain most of it back like that..im so mad!!

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Don't give up! I think we all have times like that. A lot of it can be water weight if you ate lots of salty foods. Keep plugging along, please don't give up! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, don't be so hard on yourself! I get your frustration. I was sick for about a week and a half, and for some reason I felt like I earned the right to eat TWICE my calories on two of the days. EEK! We have to put those bad days behind us and look at the long term picture. You're going to bounce back! No doubt about it!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel but pleeeaase don't give up. Be sure to drink loads of water and don't only go by your scales. Choose an item of clothes that you want to fit into and measure your success against that. You can do it and you will do it. Keep going and one day you will just see a new you in the mirror :flowerforyou: :glasses: :flowerforyou:
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up! All good things take time, and if you just started this, it takes 30 days for your body to adjust to a new regime. Water weight & salty/processed foods will do a lot to you, so try to minimize them (don't give it all up & deprive yourself, just use moderation).
    I started really watching my cals & tracking exercise in January & I've only lost about 9lbs - talk about GRRRR:explode: when I really do eat well (have Celiacs/gluten allergy) & exercise about 50 mins p/day 5-6 days p/week, plus I try not to stay still too long at work, but still: other people do what I do & lose 30lbs by the time I've lost 9 :grumble: . But, I REFUSE TO GIVE UP cuz I see how some of my clothes fit me now & how I'm wearing outfits that flatter me that I would not have been able to wear 6 months ago, and my fiance tells me I'm looking really good... it all seem to pay off, but it takes time. Please don't give up - we're all here to help support you, even in those :mad: :angry: :explode: days. :flowerforyou:
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You've lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. That's great progress. Weight fluctuates for various reasons throughout the week and through the day even. Don't give up and don't be so hard on yourself.
  • dmvbnoslo
    dmvbnoslo Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't forget those two pounds! Two pounds is progress. Just get back to healthy eating at your next meal, go out for a little walk, take a deep breath, and move forward. Everything will be okay.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's gotta be water weight! Maybe since you were sick your body was dehydrated and is retaining water. To have gained 4 pounds of body fat you would have had to eat at least 13,000 excess calories!, so I'm pretty sure it's not fat, just water. Don't get discouraged, once you get back on track those 4 pounds will disappear in a jiffy! (i hope i did my math right)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Don't worry - take action. Get rid of the sugar cookies and anything else that is not good for you. Your whole family will benefit by stocking up on fruits, veggies, healthy treats. You can do it!!!
  • gingerra19800
    Options
    THANK U EVERYONE FOR GIVING ME THAT BOOST I NEEDED...!!! its seriously nice to hear..i love this place..cause strangers come together to help each other out ...its really sweet and those words from everyone mean alot!! have a blessed weekend!!
    ginger :flowerforyou: