Losing hope, healthy weight but still look chubby

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 50lbs total over the year. I currently am 5'3 and 125lbs. I'm still losing weight but I'm also very discouraged. I thought I'd look more lean by now, yet I still have pouches of fat around my body that aren't very flattering. I don't know where to go from here, I feel like no matter how much weight I lose, I'll never look trim or fit.

Anyone else experience this?

When we lose weight we lose fat+lean muscle. You can spare (some) muscle loss with strength training, a moderate deficit, and adequate protein.

Recomposition is eating (almost) at maintenance and strength training. You will encourage more fat loss while preserving lean muscle.
  • Biker_SuzCO
    Biker_SuzCO Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I'm in the same boat! Lost about 20 pounds to get down to 125 (also 5'3'') in a year. I have consistently exercised (running and popsugar body weight exercises) and still look pretty flabby at this weight. I'm now focusing more on body weight exercises to tone up (insanity and popsugar fitness). Also going to slowly try to get down to 120. At some point I'm going to have to learn to love my bat wings and mommy belly because I don't think I want to commit to another year of counting calories or an insane exercise regime!
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Don't look at what you still wanting to lose, look at what' you have loss
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Progress is by taking actions , you are doing that
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Resistance training is the key
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Also remember that once you maintain for a while things will tighten up a bit.