Glutes won't fire

Options
2»

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I would first ask if you have currently any lifting restrictions. If the answer is not I would definitely start incorporating sumo squats knlebr8gfhby.jpg
    You can incorporate a step to increase the difficulty.
    1zzpb8781j81.jpg
    That with plyojumps in a superset will probably do the trick.

Are they not curtsey lunges?
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I will chime in with 'just about anything from Bret Contreras (and please do not forget Kellie Davis)' is going to help. As mentioned, he is the "Glute God". Lots and lots of potential 'glute-isolation work' that you can do. If you are truly not feeling it - is maybe your form off?

I ask because I know the queues for squats and dead lifts and before my form was spot on I was not feeling them like I do now. Just a question....
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I will chime in with 'just about anything from Bret Contreras (and please do not forget Kellie Davis)' is going to help. As mentioned, he is the "Glute God". Lots and lots of potential 'glute-isolation work' that you can do. If you are truly not feeling it - is maybe your form off?

I ask because I know the queues for squats and dead lifts and before my form was spot on I was not feeling them like I do now. Just a question....

Hey there, I think my form is ok I actually work out with a PT/Athletic Trainer buddy and he can get them going, but when I do at home workouts I'm just never sure, it feels like it takes a lot of reps to feel them and I always feel my hamstrings or quads way before that.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    THANK YOU to EVERYONE, I will definitely be looking into Bret Contreras and doing some curtsy squats. Also like someone was saying my hip flexors might be coming into play as well, sometimes I feel them tighten the movement of on of my hip joint (I try to do shin boxes for that). Thanks again!

Update: Just ordered a copy of strong curves ;)