Replies

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You're amazing
  • djm206
    djm206 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • Kamille68
    Kamille68 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you can do it.
  • missKmorgan
    missKmorgan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm starting out (again) and your success story is very inspiring to me. I've tried and failed and find chocolate to be evil as well. I'm back and this time I am determined to put my stubbornness to good use.
  • Dianakop72
    Dianakop72 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow, Congrats! The smile in your second pic just radiates! What an amazing loss and good for you for keeping it up even when injured or after a set back, that sure is commendable.

Just curious, if your doctor didn't think you did this at home on your own - what did he/she think you did? An at home gastic bypass (just kidding lol) but really...as if they didn't just believe you.

I am 45, cancer runs on both sides of my family and I have smoked for 25 years. I think he wanted to be sure I wasn't getting any "help" from something icky inside. Yes I know I need to quit smoking, and I did try on my bday but ended up smoking more. I had to step aside and think about why when this journey has been so easy and the answer I came up with was that on this journey I have not given up anything. If I get a craving for chocolate cake, I fit it in that week usually on a friday and I go up to the local store and buy a single slice. stuff like that. I don't feel like I have lost anything I love to eat. but I can't quit smoking and say oh if i'm good I can have one on friday. so now that I know, I can try again. but i am going to wait a month or two as we are just about to purchase our first home and there is alot of stress lol.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Thank you all for your wonderful words. I do not consider myself an inspiration, its still something hard for me to wrap my brain around and some days I am afraid I will wake up and this is all a dream. one day at a time. I hope everyone finds just the right balance that works for them.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Especially since you are healthy from the inside out. Way to go!
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment, you look great. Can I ask what your stats are in terms of height, starting weight and calories/exercise program was? If you don't mind sharing:)
  • Dianakop72
    Options
    Great accomplishment, you look great. Can I ask what your stats are in terms of height, starting weight and calories/exercise program was? If you don't mind sharing:)

I am 5'3" and I started at 296. I think in the beginning I tried to stick to 12 00 to 1400 calories and I didn't start exercising for the first 9 months because housework and errands kept it coming off. For exercise I started with walking away the pounds dvds and I still do them but now I also have a playlist I walk to. My personal goal is 10k steps through my workout 5 days a week. Usually take a me about 75 min.
  • fveekaye
    fveekaye Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So very happy for you! Your story is very inspiring for me starting out again after many failed attempts.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your lightbulb?
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Dianakop72
    Options
    fveekaye wrote: »
    So very happy for you! Your story is very inspiring for me starting out again after many failed attempts.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your lightbulb?

My lightbulb was my A1C being 6.2 and being told 6.4 is diabetic. My mom is diabetic and she is 5 3 and 100 lbs due to health issues. So I know it's genetic but I didn't want my bad habits to cause it in myself. I always said I would never calorie count. But I found mfp and I didn't even think it would work but it did and here I am
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    MFP didn't actually work. You did. Be very confident.
  • haniame
    haniame Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! So inspirational!!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!