A good start!

Options
On July 22 I was released from the hospital after bypass surgery. On July 23 I stepped on the scales and saw 283.5 lbs. This morning, 8 weeks and 4 days later, scales read 254.4, for 29.1 lbs down! My goal is 215, which is less than I have weighed since puberty. I'm 6'6", 59 years young, and I've been tracking on MFP for over a month, during which time I've averaged about 1750 calories a day.

Replies

• privepatricia
    privepatricia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your successful bypass and your weight loss! Keep up the amazing work!
  • rcreynol3090
    rcreynol3090 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your successful bypass and your weight loss! Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks! It helps that I have the full support of my awesome wife, who has lost over 25 lbs herself.
  • rcreynol3090
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thought I'd provide an update:
    It's now 6 months in to my journey to get healthy, and as of this morning, I am down 63 pounds and two pant sizes, and am just 15 pounds away from my final goal weight of 205. My bp has improved to be consistently normal, and on the lower end of that range. Resting heart rate continues to trend downward, as low as 59 bpm.
    I've joined a gym with my wife, and am using the cardio weight circuit at least 3 times a week. We can do this! B)
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great success story!
  • rcreynol3090
    Options
    I finally made goal! Weighed in this morning at 204.4. B)
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Great success story! Congratulations!