Help Getting Back on Track lost all Motivation

Options
Its been a long while .. Last year I had been doing well losing weight feeling so motivated loving the way things were going. Then I had my life change, both my grandparents passed away one in May the other in July. From that point on my life went down hill, I first went through a deep depression losing lots of weight. probably at my smallest of all time loved that my size 12 skirt fit just right but i knew i didn't look healthy. September I had a back injury wasn't able to walk for three months weight start coming back on. I was on many pain medications due to the injury became dependent to the,. By Feb of this year I had gained all the weight i lost back I went in depression mode again but also needed help for my addiction to pain meds. Got the help I needed to drop that bad habit, just to turn around and find out I suffer from bipolar disorder umber 2 and lupus what luck right. For the past two weeks been playing that oh poor me game well im tired of it. Yes i'm in pain I have my meds for the lupus the meds wont take the pain away completely but ill have to deal with it. All i need now is that motivation and encouragement i'm not getting too much here at home. We all have our life's struggles and truth is even people we dont know personally can make a big difference through out day make those hard times easier.

I now weigh and this being the heaviest I have ever been not even this big while pregnant 245. So upsetting. my first goal is to lose 15-20 lbs in three months. If any of you have anything to offer me on this journey I would greatly appreciate it. thank you all in advance for you time means the world to me

Replies

• forgetmenot1000
    Options
    Hats off to you, it sounds like you've had a rough year! And it sounds like you need to take a step back and decide that you are doing this for you. I have tried to loose weight for the past 15 years and have never succeeded at more than a few pounds here and there, only to gain them back. This year though something snapped in my brain and it was time.

Don't think of what you are doing as going on a diet, diets are fads and easy to break! think of it as reevaluating and changing your lifestyle. Its about making smarter decisions 90% of the time and letting yourself have a bit of something you enjoy now and again.

Don't force yourself to go to the gym every day - find activities you enjoy so that you want to do them. Find a gym buddy as its harder to back out of a gym session when you know someone is waiting.

Set yourself small goals as well as your end goal and celebrate when you achieve them. Not everyone will understand that losing ten lbs is something to celebrate but those of us who are doing it know its a big achievement!

Treat yourself to a new top or pair of trousers every now and then, its amazing how motivating it can be to buy a slightly smaller size, makes me want to keep going!

Good Luck!

K
  • unifil
    unifil Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just started over myself!!!
    I am on here since beginning of 2013, lost about 21 lbs .... gained a lot back and try to come back on track now!
    I am starting over with 191.5 lbs .... hope this time I can stay on track.
    Feel free to add me. I try to lock every day and my diary is open,
    Good luck for you!
  • SandraMartin3008
    SandraMartin3008 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Look ahead..good things will follow!