chicken, potatoes, veggies in slow cooker - anyone have a recipe?

Options
alondrakayy
alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
edited September 2017 in Food and Nutrition
The one I have has a lemon taste to it (since lemon juice is part of the recipe) and I simply do not care for it.. although I feel like without that recipe it would be delish.

I've Googled this and have only ended up frustrated. There is one I found that uses .5 cup of melted butter and that's not something I can really do during a cut.

Please... if anyone has ANY recipe for what I'm trying to do in mind that would be so great.

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I just cut my potatoes into large chunks, carrots into good-size coins, celery into arcs, maybe chop some onion. Lay that down in the cooker, season the vegetables with smoked paprika and good pepper (or parsley, thyme, pepper, and sage). Lightly salt both sides of the chicken (breasts, thighs, legs, whatever); layeer chicken over vegetables. Sprinkle seasonings to match your veggies on top of the chicken, pour about half a cup of stock or water into the cooker, set it to low, and walk away for six hours or so.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Free yourself from recipes. You can put anything (almost) in the slow cooker, just like you can make almost any meal with a stove and some pots. Just learn how to use it - I have never used one, but I would think you should consider size of chunks of meat and vegs, prepping of ingredients, fat:fluid:solid ratios, what setting, for how long.