Sooo hungry after the gym!!

Options
I feel like I am eating way more since joining the gym a week ago, I go every day for 60 mins alternating cardio equipment and circuit training. I have so much more energy but feeling more hungry,..... therefore I try not to eat back all cals . Anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• julia723
    julia723 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yesss!!!! you feel hungry because of all the hard earned calories your burning :)! I don't know what your daily calories intake is but if it is 1200 calories a day and at the gym your burning lets say 300 calories, you can add those 300 calories as part of your food intake. So your total food intake would be 1500. You will not put on weight if you do that so don't worry. if you don't want to add those 300 calories, I just usually eat a fruit smoothie or 2 rye crackers with hummus after the gym.
  • bettyzing
    bettyzing Posts: 48
    Options
    My daily intake is 1500 and I reckon I dont burn as much as the machines say so only eat some back. Yup ryvita and hummus is a regular snack for me. I get hungrier all day tho!
  • chicledefresa
    Options
    It's normal, you just have a week in th gym, your body has to get used to sport!, now trying to eat more protein if you are so hungry after sport, shortly (3 or 4 weeks) your body will be balanced!

Don't worry!
  • Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The trick is to get an easy digestible food into right away after the workout along with a huge huge glass of water. For me it's usually yogurt and a large glass of water. That way you can curb the hunger, shower, get situated and then make proper eating choices for lunch or whatever like an hour later.
  • NuWaveFitness
    NuWaveFitness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try getting some carbs in post workout, sweet potatoe /brown rice etc will help keep you full so you avoid overeating.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    What has been working for ME, is eating plenty of protein at breakfast ( 2 eggs, 1 slice of toast), then eating a potein bar or shake in the car right after my workout.

I play HARD. My normal cardio day is a mile on the track, 2 miles on the elliptical, 4 miles on the bike, and 10 flights of steps. My strength days are always different, but they are 60-90 minutes of battle ropes, weights, machines, BOSU work. Pretty much anything my trainer can think of to make me want to threaten him with bodily harm. Someone told me last week he trains me like I'm a guy.