Solved, thank you! :)

Options
pokesushi
pokesushi Posts: 14 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I got up this morning and decided to check a few things, including my TDEE. I sometimes do this to double check things. I'm 30 years old, female, 60 cm, and weight 75kg (I use the metric system). I generally fit in the light exercise category.

In the past I just plug these things in and I get a BMR of about 1400-1600, and my TDEE would be about 1800-1900. Today I plug it into this website https://tdeecalculator.net (I have used it before) and I get a BMR of 814, and a TDEE of 1119! Ok I know I'm not that tall and when you turn 30 your metabolism slows down but thats a pretty big slowdown!

I'm checking a few other calculators (first few on google with a TDEE search) and I'm getting a little better numbers, but I'm sure I've seen higher numbers in the past. I'm even putting in a younger age or a higher hight (27 years, 100cm), but they're not that much better

Either I'm putting in the numbers wrong, gone crazy, or have the calculations changed?

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Check you're putting the numbers in right, and have said you're using metric :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Also, are you missing a 1 off your height? 60 cm is very, very short!
  • pokesushi
    pokesushi Posts: 14 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hahaha you're right, I wasn't putting a 1, I am 160 but always remember the 60 :blush: Those numbers look much better

Thanks, maybe this will give people a laugh :)