WhatsApp/Snapchat Accountability

Options
I don't know if it'd be a good idea but I think it'd be helpful to have a group of friends to be accountable to who you can communicate with on a daily basis, like a group chat but dedicated to gym, food & fitness.

I find that following regular people on instagram and Snapchat is much more motivating than watching celebrities and those who've already achieved massive success as what they have seems unattainable to a degree. Whilst I find it more helpful to follow regular people like myself who are documenting their health and fitness journeys, there's no connection on a personal level in that they rarely engage with their followers and audience.
I'm personally not interested it flaunting my flab on social media so it'd be nice to have a small group of friends to share little updates with and who I can openly speak with from time to time about workouts, food etc.

Do any of you guys do anything similar and does it work for you?

Replies

• Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    As for MFP:

I have a limited group of friends (~ 50) since I don't believe in friend-hoarding.
    If a more personal communication with one of them is required the PM-system of MFP usually suffices.
    Only a very selected circle of these "friends" has direct access to my "real" life ( < 5 ).

(Edited to correct typo)