Need friends plz add me new to this thanks

Options
Need friends to motivate me only been dieting 2weeks loosing no weight struggling any advise would be grateful

Replies

• mer55
    mer55 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    New here too, but doing well! Had an "ahhh-haaa" moment early last week and decided enough is enough. So, lots of soul searching, and decision to NEVER go on another diet. I am making PERMANANT life style changes that are reasonable and no longer looking for the quick fix! What is your story? Do you have a lot to loose? Have you tried and failed before? Would love to share your journey! Remember, weight loss is a simple check and balance system, calories in, calories out. BUT, some calories are treated differently by our bodies than others. Our bodies need protein fat and carbs to burn fuel, but extra fat and bad carbs are stored sometimes, so food choices are an integral part of losing. What "diet" are you following? I hate that word because it is a temporary solution to a lifelong problem. And, are you journaling? That can be a BIG key to weight loss! Keep posting, you will get a lot of good advice!
  • trcsho
    trcsho Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hiya it's my first time dieting I'm 12 stone looking to loosing a stone.Just no idea where to start my problem is with foods I've started at a goal of 1200 calories I use my treadmill everyday but as I'm a beginner I can only manage 30mins walking on speed 5.Ive also in the last couple of days started doing sit ups press ups I feel the pain my body aches for days.first week I lost 1lb this is my 2nd week hoping to loose it's just so annoying putting hard work in and hardly loosing.
  • mer55
    Options
    Well you are looking to lose about 14 lb? (Forgive my ignorance on "stone vs pounds"!) What "diet" are you on? 1200 calories is a bit restrictive, but doable! Make sure you have lots of protein, good carbs and some fat. Our bodies need this for fuel. IF we eat too little and exercise a lot, your body will slow down weight loss. You are not doing yourself any favors if you aren't eating the right food and enough of it! 30 minutes on a treadmill is good! And yes, situps and pressups will make you sore if you have not used those muscles in a long time! How tall are you? You sound like you don't have a large amount of weight to lose. A pound a week is a good starting point. We did not get overweight over night, we won't lose it that fast either. I know its frustrating, but slow and steady wins the race! What kind of foods are you eating?
  • trcsho
    Options
    I'm 5ft6 12stone I'm not following any diet just cutting down on potions and changing my way of eating I eat salad fish meat eggs.
  • kballard1966
    kballard1966 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • bigback2017
    bigback2017 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Come on
  • bigback2017
    bigback2017 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Let's do it
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    trcsho wrote: »
    Need friends to motivate me only been dieting 2weeks loosing no weight struggling any advise would be grateful

I am not trying to be rude or preaching to you, but I would suggest looking for friends that support and encourage you. Motivation is not the answer. Dedication and desire to be healthy is what you need. You can add me if you like
  • mer55
    Options
    You are actually doing the right thing in "no- special diet", just smaller portions of what you already eat! That is the best way as long as it is healthy food! My problem was wine- just love it- but when I drink it, I have no control over the foods I choose to go with it!! So, wine is off the table right now and I am doing so much better with food choices- I actually have to make myself eat enough everyday! This place has a lot of tips, strategies and people who are all in the same boat.
  • trcsho
    Options
    I always drank loads of lager but not drank now for months apart from like odd one now and again I have 2litres of water a day now feel great.Ive never been a big eater just what I did eat was wrong foods :)
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sounds like ur doing good so far, keep going u can do this, ive added u :)
  • trcsho
    Options
    Thank you all the help from you guys keeps me going and motivated :)