Half way through a 100lb weight loss

Options
Excuses and a loving Husband who loves to eat as much as me got me to mind boggling 100 lbs overweight. Over the last almost 5 months, I am down 50 lbs. I know I should be happy all the time that I am losing, but this is extremely emotional process and my perception of how I should look by now is not in line with joy. I am 37 and wanting to be in the 100's by my birthday in 1 month. Looking for that extra motivation and support.

Replies

• ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 50lbs. Be consistent and the results will come.
  • andreab861
    andreab861 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! 50 lbs in 5 months is incredible! I can understand your emotions not being caught up yet - that's a rapid transformation. I've just recently re-started my journey, needing to lose 80-90 pounds (9 down so far!) and I am determined to do it for life this time (I'm 52). And I've often wondered how much my comfort in being "fat me" has limited my ability to change. Friend me if you'd like to give each other support.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    50 pounds in 5 months is quite fast. This next 50 will probably be slower. Know that here at MFP you've found your "peeps." We are here for you. We can help you get to where you want to go. We can congratulate you when things go well and commiserate when there are frustrations.

I'm trying to lose 1/2 my body weight to get to a healthy BMI and am currently losing at 5-7 pounds a month by eating at a 500 calorie/day deficit. I'm down 1/10th so far and have a long way to go to get to 1/2 but I've found the shared discipline of being here every day is immensely helpful.

I may not be the right person to give you support. We are each different. But there are enough people here that you will find the folks you need for sure!

Congratulations on your 50 pounds off!! I have months to go before I get there but get there I will!