Always, always, ALWAYS hungry.

Options
2»

Replies

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm going to revise my intakes and look up the recommended daily fiber intake and adjust. So much of this I did not know and I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Try hitting your protein macros consistently for a week and see if that makes a difference. For me, hitting my macros is key to feeling well and really seems to supercharge my weight loss. It took some experimenting to find the macro mix that worked for me.

The week or so I looked on your diary, you were missing your Protein grams by 1/3 to 1/2 which is a lot.

Experiment and find what works for you. I'm only giving you what i would try if I was in you shoes.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Calories are all that matter for weight loss, but the kinds of calories can have a big impact on how full you feel. Protein and fat take longer to digest and fiber also is filling. The rule of thumb is to eat 1g of protein for every lb of lean body mass, at least 30g of fiber. Honestly if you also eat a full 5 servings of vegetables a day it can really help you feel full.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The snack-y thing makes me crazy. I have two meals a day.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10563959/volume-eaters-thread/p1

Along with what others are saying, the above thread might be helpful if you need a lot of volume to feel and stay full.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I fell into IF sort of by accident but I have found for me at least it works really well. I don't eat breakfast, just coffee with a little milk, until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Then all of my calories between that and about 9pm. I don't have a hard and fast timeline, just around that start and end time. I get to have large meals in that time and pretty large snacks. I'm not really hungry in the morning until I start to eat. So if I start eating early in the morning I'm HUNGRY all day. Might be worth trying.

Yeah, just skipping breakfast helps me but I am still hungry in the morning I can just handle it better than at other times.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    re: protein, if you are very active, with a lot of work outs, I have been reading recent research that suggests you need even more protein than recommended! I was reading the recommendation of at least 100 g a protein on days you are really working out.

I don't know how accurate that is, but it might be worth exploring, you know?

Oh, one last thing, just on the off chance - do you have any relatives with auto-immune disorders? Especially celiac disease? Those who do are at a higher risk of developing celiac disease themselves, but if they don't have gut pain (which over 1/3 of celiacs do not), doctors don't typically test them for it.

However, those with celiac disease can sometimes be overweight and starving all the time. Because the damage to the gut can be patchy, and certain 'patches' may be where a certain vitamin is absorbed. Which can prompt the body to feel hungry all the time, just trying to get larger doses of the vitamin in question, so that you get enough. Even taking vitamins can not be enough to work, because the body won't absorb most of certain of the vitamins.

As you are taking vitamins, I noticed, then vitamins in and of themselves isn't an issue, obviously. But if increased protein doesn't work, and you are taking vitamins, and especially if you have any relatives with this, it might be worth going in to get the blood test, honestly.
  • luckywizard
    luckywizard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I fell into IF sort of by accident but I have found for me at least it works really well. I don't eat breakfast, just coffee with a little milk, until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Then all of my calories between that and about 9pm. I don't have a hard and fast timeline, just around that start and end time. I get to have large meals in that time and pretty large snacks. I'm not really hungry in the morning until I start to eat. So if I start eating early in the morning I'm HUNGRY all day. Might be worth trying.

Yeah, just skipping breakfast helps me but I am still hungry in the morning I can just handle it better than at other times.

Me too. If I eat early (and sometimes I do), I find food begets more food. I am usually hungrier earlier, particularly if I don't get enough protein and fat in my breakfast (if I had a croissant and coffee at 7, for instance, I'd be starving by 8:30). Fasting til 10 or 10:30 keeps me from feeling hungry until closer to 10 so it ultimately saves me calories in my daily budget.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    @ccruz985 I'm hungrier in maintainence than I was when eating at a deficit. It's been 6 month for me. The only thing that seems to work is volume eating my 3 meals, and two substantial snacks in between. I'm holding steady at 140-145 on 1900-2000 cals. Plus getting LOTS of sleep and water.