How long did it take you to lose your first 15lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Took me 4-5 months but I had only 35 to lose.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    2 weeks......... because i started at 387lb
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    About 5 monnths, but that's becsuse I suck at exercising and not eating cake and sour patch kids.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    About 5 months.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    it took me 3 months to lose 17lb and that was with just exercise and not weighing my food. I kept it off for about 6 months and then started gaining it back.I was using measuring cups and eating the same amounts of food. I had no idea you had to eat less than you burned and that the less you weight the less calories your body needs.

I always thought all it took was eating healthy and exercise. boy was I wrong. so after gaining half of it back I came here because I wasnt losing no matter what I did or how much I worked out, and several people told me to get a food scale and start weighing everything. I did and lost that weight and then some. I know now I can eat what I want as long as it fits into my calorie goal.. I weigh everything I can(unless Im out somewhere then I will estimate it a little high). weighing food opened my eyes as to how fat off measuring cups can be and how much I was really eating.
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much u weigh when u start. I was pretty obese and lost about 18lbs in the first month. The less u weigh, the longer it takes to lose weight. I would say the average person should expect a loss of 1-2lbs a week with a healthy diet and exercise regimen.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    btanton27 wrote: »
    Depends on how much u weigh when u start. I was pretty obese and lost about 18lbs in the first month. The less u weigh, the longer it takes to lose weight. I would say the average person should expect a loss of 1-2lbs a week with a healthy diet and exercise regimen.

health issues can factor into the slower weight loss as well. for me I lose super slowly even when I was obese, due to having a metabolic disorder. now even if I have a good week I lose less than half a lb a month most times. thats even with a big deficit where most people would lose 1.5-2lbs. of course the closer you are to a healthy weight the slower its going to be. I know you said healthy people, but even for those that are healthy 1-2 lbs may not come off every week due to weight loss not being linear and other things can factor into the scale not moving as well.
  • bweath2
    bweath2 Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    19 days. Just hit 15 lbs today. But I started at nearly 300lbs...
    ETA: Game changer was the MFP app. Makes tracking calories so easy.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    4-5 months for the first 15lbs; a year for a total of 30lbs.
    This was going from the top (130) to near the bottom (100-105) of my normal BMI range.
    (Not dead sure of the numbers as I had a scale change half way through)

It really does, as you can see, depend on where you are starting from. Vanity lbs (within normal BMI) are slower to lose generally.

Cheers, h.