FOOD DIARY HELP PLZ

Options
When you complete your food diary daily and it tells you what you could loose in 5weeks is it just easier to stick to the best day.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What - I'm not understanding your question? The 5 week prediction is if you ate that exact same thing and did the exact same exercise every day for 5 weeks. It likely isn't possible to have 5 weeks of identical days. It's just a thing they do for funsies - I find it annoying since it isn't at all accurate in my opinion.
  • trcsho
    trcsho Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's what I thought but it seems to make sense if 1 day of your diary was a brilliant loss over 5 week be better stick to it.Sad I no and boring but nothing else I do is working
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight then you're not eating in a deficit - no matter what the predictor says. How accurate is your logging? Using the food scale for ALL solids? Measuring cups/liquids for all liquids? Using the recipe builder, accurate entries, etc? Being conservative with exercise calories? You can eat the same thing every day or eat different every day - you just need that deficit.
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm not expert in this. However, I am just taking it day by day. Some days your up some days your down. Don't make this a be all and end all. It's a journey and life style change. Take advice from everyone but only you can decide is right for you.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    This predictor is a guide only.
    No two days are ever exactly the same.
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is just math. Calorie deficit equals weight loss
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    trcsho wrote: »
    When you complete your food diary daily and it tells you what you could loose in 5weeks is it just easier to stick to the best day.

The predictor is meant to be a motivator that says (paraphrasing here) "Hey ... look where you could be in 5 weeks if every day was like today was"
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Try a weight trendingapp like Libra or happy scale.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I only pay attention to it on my most sedentary days. Reminds me that I'm eating at a deficit and at the very least I'll lose X amount of weight in 5 weeks. But I agree with @amtyrell track your trends. My fitbit and garmin apps do a great job of this for me.