Does this sound like a plan to get in to Ketosis

Options
ok this is how im going to plan my keto diet overall calorie intake for the day 1800-2000 calories protein: 150 grams carbs 25 grams the remaining 1825 will come from fat things like steak bacon eggs beef hot dogs cheese seeds turkey bacon hamburger meet,i will get my protein from spinach,broccoli,salads,onions,whey powder just anything green im going to have fat and protein on my plate each meal as long as the carbs are are no more than 5 grams in each item(what are low carb foods that fits this bill) does this sound like a plan any advice would be great.

ok aug 4th im going to eat reguarly threw out the day im going to not eat after 6pm im going to wake up on aug 5th and do as much hiit as i can take on the treadmill probably something like 3.0mph for two minutes and 4.1 for 1:30 minutes for maybe 15-20 minutes if i can last if not i will rest and keep taking a crack at it.after my hiit session i will have bacon and eggs and follow through with keto needs threw the day, if i can i will try do some SS later that night,now im confused i would still like to do cardio while trying to enter in to ketosis were does steady state cardio fit in with ketosis or is hiit the proffered method if im a a fat burning machine once i enter in to ketosis i will do more hiit. ok lifting im resetting my SS routine since the first time i goofed and started my weights to high and stalled quickly so i have a routine drawn up with lower weights this concerns me while attempting ketosis does it matter what you lift or is it just lift? is there a better lifting routine to run for a rookie while doing keto is All pros a better keto lifting regiment.

ok x and os

no bread
oatmeal
pasta
fruit
cereal
potatoes
what else should i not eat?

im going to buy some Tupperware and cook up tons of chicken breast,chicken wings and bacon and have them on hand for meals each day im going to try and eat chicken or bacon ect ect each meal with a different veggie what else can i buy to fit the keto bill in the meat department fish is expensive were i live so wont be doing to much fish.

so if you guys can give me a yay or nay on lifting cardio macros and food choices and were i need to loosen up or tighten up that would be great and i will be off and running!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    protein: 150 grams carbs 25 grams the remaining 1825 will come from fat things like steak bacon eggs beef hot dogs cheese seeds turkey bacon hamburger meet,i will get my protein from spinach,broccoli,salads,onions,whey powder just anything green

the what now?!

surely you are getting protein from the steak, bacon, eggs, cheese....!?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think you're very confused about where protein comes from...
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    Please use punctuation. My head hurts reading that.

And I'm not even going to start on your daft meal plans...I think you need to do some googling on the carb/protein contents on some of the things you are planning to eat. You'll certainly never achieve <5g of carbs/meal let alone meet your protein goals on that.

If you want advice on ketosis visit an Atkins forum or something, you'll just annoy the people who eat regular meals on here :laugh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You have made 6 posts, each of them asking advice on whacky diet plans. How about you try, and I know this is crazy, counting calories and moving more? There is a really helpful thread called "In place of a road map". Or pick a well known plan, read up on it and stick to it, rather than bouncing from one idea to the other and trying to make it up as you go along?
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You know this meal plan makes you smell bad, its a reaction to Ketosis you start to smell like acetone & cat pee
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    How do you get into ketosis on 150g of carbs in the first place . Trust me you not in ketosis on 150g of carbs daily. No chance
  • icelanski
    icelanski Posts: 15
    Options
    any help on how to do keto
  • icelanski
    icelanski Posts: 15
    Options
    Im not bouncing from one plan to another im settled on keto because i think it will be better suited to my needs i just need advice on how to run it better for now i am counting calories and moving more
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I would only do this if being followed by a physician who can monitor you. Ketosis can lead to an acid-base imbalance in your blood.

I knew someone who lost 80+ pounds with this type of diet. By the end of the diet her hair was falling out, her skin was dry and she had no energy.

So obviously I would NOT recommend it.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You know this meal plan makes you smell bad, its a reaction to Ketosis you start to smell like acetone & cat pee

sorry myth
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    How do you get into ketosis on 150g of carbs in the first place . Trust me you not in ketosis on 150g of carbs daily. No chance
    ^
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
  • nadz6012
    nadz6012 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

QFT, this should answer any questions you have.
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options

sorry myth

No my mom did it and it was horrible
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

No punctuation I think it was supposed to be Protein: 150g, Carb: 25g
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options

sorry myth

Not a myth. But some describe it more as a sweet smell.
  • branbury
    branbury Posts: 43 Member
    Options

sorry myth

No my mom did it and it was horrible

Not a myth. The ketosis in your kidneys is exhaled. Your breath is BAD. Fact.

Another fact: Low carb diets rob your bones of calcium. This is a bad thing to do long term.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sigh. These troll posts are getting old. Poor siscok5
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    How many grams of carbs does it take to go into Ketosis?

I eat around 100 grams of carbs a day and don't want to go into Ketosis..
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Why exclude the things you enjoy?