Not giving up

I am part of a hospital program to lose weight. I've lost about 20 pounds with this program but have since become quite ill with repeated infections. While I'm tired and struggle it is important that I continue my healthy eating habits. I hope and pray I get my health back and can realize my dream for a lighter and stronger body.
I'd like to share my journey with an online community so this is a request to make my social connections.
I need to loose at least 35 more pounds so there is more time and effort to come. Thanks!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • MozUK
    MozUK Posts: 1 Member
    I just want to say, I broke my leg very badly last year and then had a round of infections where I nearly died. During this because of a restricted calorie intake I was still able to lose 30lbs. It was only after I became mobile that I put most of it back on, and I'm now losing it again (23 down!)

It's real proof that CICO works even without any exercise. Good luck to you and here's to your health.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Just make sure your eating habits are indeed healthy - I've seen so much from doctors and hospitals that I'm skeptical - don't starve yourself, and eat balanced and varied meals. And that the hospital isn't making you ill; that's where all the sick people with infections go.

You should be able to fit in everything you like in moderation; that, plus eating enough, shouldn't make you tired and struggle.

If you do it right, you will have a healthy weight, and all the health that a healthy diet and exercise can give you. Only then, is it possible, and necessary, to not give up. If you do it right, and have patience, and trust the process, you don't have to hope and pray - you will succeed anyway.