Looking for a mentor

Options
Hello everyone! I am hoping to be adopted by a mentor. I’m a 33yo mother of 3 boys. I’ve struggled with weight and a healthy relationship with food, my whole life. At one point in my life, I weighed nearly 300lbs. I was able to get down to 170 before I got pregnant with my last son, but I gained almost 80lbs with that pregnancy. So, here I am, at 207lbs and beginning a strength training regimen for the first time ever. I have a friend who is a personal trainer, who set up a weekly schedule but bc our schedules in life are opposite, I’m kind of flying solo. I’m looking for someone to help me with questions about different exercises and also healthy food options. I have a tendency to under eat because I don’t like food. I’m super picky and I have IBS, which makes it difficult to eat and not have to run to the bathroom 10 minutes afterwards. Why am I fat if I don’t eat a lot? Well, because I love the unhealthy foods, carbs and sugars.

Replies

• Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am hoping to be adopted by a mentor. I’m a 33yo mother of 3 boys. I’ve struggled with weight and a healthy relationship with food, my whole life. At one point in my life, I weighed nearly 300lbs. I was able to get down to 170 before I got pregnant with my last son, but I gained almost 80lbs with that pregnancy. So, here I am, at 207lbs and beginning a strength training regimen for the first time ever. I have a friend who is a personal trainer, who set up a weekly schedule but bc our schedules in life are opposite, I’m kind of flying solo. I’m looking for someone to help me with questions about different exercises and also healthy food options. I have a tendency to under eat because I don’t like food. I’m super picky and I have IBS, which makes it difficult to eat and not have to run to the bathroom 10 minutes afterwards. Why am I fat if I don’t eat a lot? Well, because I love the unhealthy foods, carbs and sugars.

You are fat because you eat too many calories. Not because they're carbs or sugar or anything else.