Does anybody agree

Options
_pi3_
_pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
That apologies are *kitten* after the damage is already done? That's why I don't demand apologies

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Not really. Then you get to milk it... forever!
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    It's never too late to do the right thing

Actually sometimes it is
  • Ironandwine69
    edited September 2017
    Options
    OP I agree though. I am a laid back person and not much bothers me, but if someone I know and care about does something to hurt me ( it takes a lot by the way), I would care less for apologizes. You shouldn't have done it on the first place.
  • luckywizard
    luckywizard Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Actually sometimes it is

Depends on the perspective. A person can apologize and do the right thing but the person receiving the apology can decide whether it's worth accepting.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    Someone doesn't need to accept an apology.....im just saying it's right to at least apologize if you wrong someone. It also doesn't mean it fixes anything.....its just not wrong to do.

You are right. It's absolutely the right thing to do if you you truly are sorry.
  • _pi3_
    edited September 2017
    Options

Actually sometimes it is

Depends on the perspective. A person can apologize and do the right thing but the person receiving the apology can decide whether it's worth accepting.

Well that's kind of a thing. Most people demand an apology

If you're not expecting one and get it that's a little bit better. Because when you demand it they're just going through the motions

If the apologizer understands what they did wrong enough to actually give one in the first place that can be another thing
  • Runner1393
    Runner1393 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We all f up. There’s no apology I won’t accept and nothing I won’t forgive. I’m a Christian so my faith has a lot to do with it though. I’m forgiven so why wouldn’t I forgive. Life’s too short to hold grudges. Just because you forgive doesn’t mean you have to let that person continue to hurt you or walk on you. Xoxox
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I always told my children to not apologize until they are truly sorry. I told them that to do so is a lie, and lying is just as bad as the offense. Then I would send them to their room to play and think about it. They would come back later with an "Im sorry." and we would discuss more efficient and less aggravating ways to make their point. I only apologize if I actually feel remorseful. If I don't apologize, I'm probably not sorry.

On the flip side, I don't need an apology to forgive. I generally forget the offenders mistakes within a few hours to a few days, depending on severity. There is one person I have never forgiven.. but I doubt most in my situation would. Other than that.. EH.. Life is screwy anyways. Why harp on the nonsense. We've all done something stupid.
  • _pi3_
    Options