Am I eating enough?

Options
I am eating between 1200-1500 calories a day (usually around 1400) and burning about 450 calories a day. Am I eating enough? I want the weight to come off but I don't want to cause problems for myself. If I am burnring that many calories should I be eating 1500 calories?
Thanks for your advice and help!

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I am eating between 1200-1500 calories a day (usually around 1400) and burning about 450 calories a day. Am I eating enough? I want the weight to come off but I don't want to cause problems for myself. If I am burnring that many calories should I be eating 1500 calories?
    Thanks for your advice and help!
  • alison66
    Options
    that's kinda the same question I'm asking. I've got a few replies under "can i gain weight with too few calories", take a look and see if it helps you.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your weight, hight, age, and sex.

what are your vitals? What is your lifestyle like? Do you work at a desk, or do you walk around
    all day?

if you are a mail carrier and you are only eating 1400 calories a day, that's probably low, but if you
    are a shorter (in the 5' to 5'5" range or so) woman who sits at a desk all day, that may be ok (although I still think that might be a little low). These are just examples, but I think you get the point, there is a great wizard on this site that will help you plan a goal, check it out, it will tell you generally if you are in the ballpark.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Yes at least 1650 calories if your legit burning 450 calories workingout
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can't gain weight eating too few calories.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Why did you bump this 10 YEAR OLD NECRO THREAD?!?!?!?

She never really got a good response.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Why did you bump this 10 YEAR OLD NECRO THREAD?!?!?!?

She never really got a good response.
    Dying.