looking at the 16:8 diet

Options
2»

Replies

• markheusser
    markheusser Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I currently do that combined with iifym and its been really good...I lost 40 lbs since Feb 4th.
  • MissChoiSauce
    MissChoiSauce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is the worst time to eat.

What?

If you gained weight it's because you ate too much, not what time it was....

There is no "worst time to eat", I agree it's that you ate too much or made unhealthy choices. The point of the 16:8/IF lifestyle is to plan the 8 hours of feeding around your schedule. I have started it after following my gym trainers' progress and so far it's helped me stick with my calorie goals and be a little more flexible on what I eat. Definitely beats trying to do super low carb although I do miss breakfast sometimes. But then I just have breakfast for my Meal #1!
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh! I personally do not believe in diets, but rather just eating healthy and depending on goals, a caloric deficit. But if it works for you, go for it!

16:8 isn't a 'diet' - it's just a version of Intermittent Fasting. 16 hour fast: 8 hours where you eat healthy and below your TDEE
  • Irenaekl
    Options
    I read about Hugh Jackman doing this. I tried it. My problem is I sleep in really late, and don't get hungry until late afternoon or evening. So my 8 hours continually fell between 4-midnight. That is the worst time to eat. I gained several pounds :(

The time you eat makes no difference to weight loss...but the AMOUNT you eat does! If you gained - you ate too much.
  • Irenaekl
    Options
    I may give this a go as well - so literally fast 16hrs and fit my meals in 8hrs? How many meals do you have? thanks

You don't count meals - you count calories and stay below your TDEE.
  • mackleberryg
    Options
    I started this eating pattern about three weeks ago... I hated it for about the first week. I was hungry in the mornings, I was hungry in between meals, and all I could think about was food. But now that I've gotten through that initial transition period, I have to say that I love it and it works so so well for me. I eat all of my calories from noon-8pm, which works perfectly with my schedule and I never get hungry in between meals. In fact, I barely get hungry at all - this eating pattern has hugely suppressed my appetite, which is really nice for anyone looking to lose weight.

If you want to try it, then try it. There aren't any downsides and it's not dangerous (unless you have blood sugar problems or you're pregnant or anything like that). You're not going to harm yourself in any way if you don't eat for 16 hours. But keep in mind that everyone is different and it might not work for you. If you try it for 2+ weeks and you still don't like it or don't feel right, then it's probably not for you. The best thing to do is to experiment and figure out what works best for your body.
  • Deegurrl83
    Options
    I haven't heard of this diet