Cardio with earplugs in?

Options
Has anyone ever tried going through an intense cardio session of some sort with earplugs in?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried going through an intense cardio session of some sort with earplugs in?

Yes. And they won.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Yes. And they won.

What do you mean "they won"?
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Same and now take my full bose noise cancelling head set to the gym - WIN WIN. .. :P
  • danimumof2
    danimumof2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I used to run with earphones in one ear, the other one never stayed in, but I got enough music through just one
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Same and now take my full bose noise cancelling head set to the gym - WIN WIN. .. :P

Bose knows no highs, no lows.
  • Shani_j22
    Shani_j22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    They never stay in my ears so I just use full headphones.
  • nomeejerome
    Options

Yes. And they won.

I mean they got all tangled up very quickly........

ETA: and falling out too
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Yeah, I do Les Mill's RPM at my gym. One of the guys actually wears industrial ear protection ,muffs while he's doing the class. He's an older guy and from what he wears its clear he's not into the gym culture. But I think he's onto something. He's protecting his hearing and probably blocking out that gawd-awful "music" at the same time.
  • contingencyplan
    Options

Yes. And they won.

I was referring to actual ear plugs, not headphones or earbuds. They wouldn't have any cords or cables.
  • nomeejerome
    Options

I was referring to actual eag plugs, not headphones or earbuds. They wouldn't have any cords or cables.

Apparently my reading comprehension is lacking this morning...**runs off to fill coffee cup :laugh:
  • contingencyplan
    Options

I was referring to actual eag plugs, not headphones or earbuds. They wouldn't have any cords or cables.

Apparently my reading comprehension is lacking this morning...**runs off to fill coffee cup :laugh:

So is everyone else's apparently.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Actually yes. They made me hear everything in my body. I could hear my teeth clicking together, BOOM BOOM from just walking. IT was awful.
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Not only do I wear my headphones, I sing along the way. Feel sorry for anyone that happens to come across me running/Walking outside.

I also noticed your Profile pic.... I have a GSXR.... and I even ride and sing on my bike. Although only one ear so i can hear things if I Need to.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Yes. And they won.

Run them up the sleeve of your shirt and out the neck. That way they don't tangle. I usually wear a cap to hold them in, but that's me.
  • nomeejerome
    Options

Yes. And they won.

Run them up the sleeve of your shirt and out the neck. That way they don't tangle. I usually wear a cap to hold them in, but that's me.

Hey thanks.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Yes. And they won.

Hey thanks.

NP, if they're really long and you use an arm band, you can loop them once or twice to take the slack out after you run them up your sleeve.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    All the time :)
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    m3bd.jpg

no problemo with these!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Yes. And they won.

I was referring to actual ear plugs, not headphones or earbuds. They wouldn't have any cords or cables.

I was trying to figure out how this was a real question...,anyone who's ever set foot in a gym knows the majority of people use headphones.

Earplugs make more sense. Never tried it. I think it would give me a panic attack.
  • contingencyplan
    Options

Yes. And they won.

I was trying to figure out how this was a real question...,anyone who's ever set foot in a gym knows the majority of people use headphones.

Earplugs make more sense. Never tried it. I think it would give me a panic attack.

Why would it give you a panic attack?